CHAPTER 9: Breakfast

AUGUSTINE'S POV

I wake up with the sun peeping through the curtains. I had a weird dream last night, Felix and I...I open my eyes and check my body which is covered by the blanket. Oh God. It's not a dream after all. I look at the left side of the bed, Felix is not here. I picked up my clothes and went to the bathroom. When I went out of the bathroom, I slowly went to the door when someone coughs, "You're leaving me again, kærlighed?" he went closer to me and quickly kissed my lips. 

"Good morning, my love." He hugs me. I slightly pushed him away, I think he got the wrong impression here. "Felix, I think I should go. I'm sorry, I'm was just too drunk last night, I mean we are. Last night was a mistake." I was about to go to the door when he grabbed my hand.

"You're not going anywhere from now on, min elskede." he said with so much passion in his eyes. "Let me go, Felix. Not because of what happened last night, I'm going to be with you. Again, that was a mistake." I tried to let go of his grip but I can't. 

"No, August. I am the first man of your life,  that belly of yours will be bumped soon." He said proudly, I gasped at his words and replied to him "Don't tell me, you--"

"Yes, I did. I know you have feelings for me, skat, it's just that you're too in denial to admit it."

I can't hold this anymore. I cried after he just said those words. He's right, I do like him also but I just keep on denying it. He went closer to me and caress my face. "I love you, August. You don't have to answer it right away, just give me a chance to prove it to you." I just hug him as he kissed my forehead. "So, can we eat our breakfast now?" He looked at me after he releases me from the hug. We went to the dining area where all the food is already prepared on the table.

"You cook all of these?" I glared at him, smiling. All of my favorite foods are here. How did he know all of my favorites? I think he got me investigated.

"Yes, but Victor helped me. Whenever Mom goes home from work in Switzerland, I often cook Asian foods for her. I hope you like the taste, I barely know the foods here in the Philippines." I sit down and started to dig some food. It's delicious, I think princes don't know anything about cooking aside acting a royal.

After our hearty breakfast, we decided to go to the park. Honestly, I don't like the idea, but Felix asked me to tour him here in the city, so it leaves me no choice but to go. We went to the St. Augustine Cathedral, Gaston Park and malls. Felix seems to realize that I was getting bored to death already, so we went back to the apartment where he is staying and starts cooking for lunch. I was busy scrolling in Facebook, when an unknown number texts me.

It seems that you're enjoying your life right now Augustine, how about a little game with Mr. Foreigner? Isn't that exciting? -R

No. I closed the message, going to the kitchen to check on Felix. He smiled at me as soon as he noticed that I'm looking at him. These past months, I've been receiving some weird texts, more likely a threat. But I just ignored it, yet once I received a text that he/she will hurt my family. It scares the life out of me to the point that I've told my friends who are law enforcers about it. I can't just tolerate it anymore, I'm grateful that even my short vacation in Denmark, my family here is safe. And now, he's threatening me about Felix. I have to do something. I won't let him/her hurt my loved ones. 

After we eat our lunch, I texted Jury to meet me at my office in the university this afternoon, he is one of my closest friends who is a police investigator. I left Felix in the apartment and went immediately to the university. 

"Do you receive another text again?" without a greeting Jury questioned, as soon as I arrived to my office. I gestured him to take a seat and he sits on the offered seat. "Yes, but now, it isn't about my family, it's someone else." I told and give him my phone for him to see the message. "Oh, so it's about the prince you've met in Denmark, did Felix already know about this?" He asked again. "No, I don't have any plans to tell him about it. Can you please search this number for me, Jury? We have to know this guy, before he will do anything to Felix." Jury said yes and left me in the office alone. I watch the view outside the window in my office and saw a man looking at me wearing all black.

This is not good. I have to move before that guy will do anything to Felix.