CHAPTER 12: Let's Get Married

PRINCE FELIX' POV

I watch my assistant as she put another pile of papers on my table. "Vente, are there are more of these?" I stared at her as I wait for her answer. "No, Your Highness. That will be all for today." I sighed and pick my phone. I dial August's phone number, but she's not answering. Well, that's a first, she always answers my phone call even though she's busy. I went outside the study room, I'll just continue those papers, tomorrow.

I go to the kitchen to look something to eat. I picked up again my phone and dial Mr. Victor's number, after two rings, he answered. "Good evening, Your Highness." He greeted.

"Mr. Victor, where is Augustine?" I asked, I am getting curious where is she because she's not answering my call. "Forgive me, Deres Højhed, Miss Augustine asked something from me earlier, that needs my immediate help Sir." He said. "So, you don't know where is she right now? What did she ask from you?" August, where are you?  I thought to myself, I'm starting to worry.

"She asked me about Mr. Romeo Almanza's background information, Your Highness." Who the hell is that guy? "Okay Mr. Victor, I want you to search where is Augustine right now. And report to me immediately." I ended the phone call, and went back to the study room. 

After eating my dinner with Nikolai and mom, I quickly go back to my study room where I left my phone. Still, no call nor text from August. I got a bad feeling about this, I call August again, hoping she would now answer it. Come on, August. After a few rings, she finally answers the call.

"Kærlighed, why you're not answering my calls?" I asked.

"Hello Your Royal Highness" A man's voice greeted me.

"Who are you? Where is Augustine?" I asked.

"I'm Romeo Almanza, Your Highness. It seems that Augustine wants to talk to me, but during our compelling conversation she suddenly fainted. Want to see your pregnant lover? Then go, find me." He ended the call quickly that I haven't answered back to him yet. August is pregnant, but she's in danger. I have to go back to her, I call my secretary and told her to prepare my flight to the Philippines.

It took me almost 19 hours to arrive at the city. I met Mr. Victor first and go to the Almanza Residence. It looks like this Almanza guy is Augustine's neighbor. He better not hurt August or I will kill him. When we reach the area, a smiling man walks towards me, but I automatically punch him. I know this is Almanza.

"Where is Augustine?!" I yelled as I grab him by the collar.

He smiled and touched his face. "Chill, Your Highness. August is sleeping in my room." I immediately went inside the house and look for her. As I reached the last room at the corner, I found her sound asleep, Almanza also arrives in the room.

"The doctor said she fainted due to her pregnancy, it's very common, especially in the first trimester. She took a sleep medicine as what the doctor prescribed that's why she's still sleeping. Don't worry, the medicine is safe for the baby." He said before he left us alone.

I touch her small baby bump and smiled. I still can't believe that she is now carrying my child. I kissed her forehead. "I'm taking you now with me, August." I whispered and call Mr. Victor.

It's been 2 hours since I went back in the royal plane. Looking at August who is still sleeping makes me worry. She hasn't eaten anything since she took that medicine Almanza said. I was about to continue to read the Danish newspaper when she suddenly moves.

"Hello, Kære." I go closer to her and smiled.

"Felix? Why are you--- Where are we?" She's about to stand up when I hold her shoulders to stop her from moving. "Can you please stay on the bed, kærlighed?"  She didn't listen to me but she looks at the window and looked back at me.

"Where are we going?" She asked me calmly, by her looks I can tell that she's trying to control her anger.

"Denmark, skat." I release her from my grip and went back to my seat.

"Who told you to take me to your country? Have you lost your mind? I have a work Felix!" She said defensively as she crossed her arms and look at me fumingly.

"Then from now on, you don't have a work to worry about, kvinde. All you have to do is to stay healthy for our child. By the way, we will get married tomorrow." She got up from the bed and walk towards me.

"For your information Your Highness, the last thing I want is to snag you into marriage because of this child. I will not marry you, I can take care of my child. If you want, you can visit us in the Philippines, but I will not marry you." She uttered while examining me. She really has this beautiful dark brown eyes that I've been longing to see again.

"Are you even listening to me, Felix?" I woke up from my reverie when she asked me.

"Yes, kærlighed." I hold her both hands and look at her again. "What is the problem, August? Why don't you want to marry me?" She sighed while avoiding my gaze. "You are known in your country, Felix. What would people will say? You just married a foreign woman because you accidentally made her pregnant? I'm not the kind of person who cares about what other people will say, I'm just saying, I don't like people talk bad about you because of me."

I chuckled after hearing her reason. "Min kæreste, the Danes will love you and if they don't, they still don't have a choice but to accept you as the newest member of the family. This child inside you will be my heir, you can't just take his or her father because of some lame excuses. I want to marry you, not because you're pregnant but also I love you August." I kissed her forehead and hug her. God knows how I miss her....

She release from the hug and cleared her throat. "The ring?" I laughed and hug her again. "I'm sorry, fremtidige kone . This proposal is unplanned, I haven't bought you an engagement ring."

"It's okay, besides, I don't like rings. So, I'm totally fine if I don't have one." After our small argument, I let her eat her breakfast for a while. Imagining, a life with her will never be boring. I can't wait to marry her.