CHAPTER 6: Goodbye Denmark

AUGUSTINE'S POV

Today is my last day here in Denmark, I will surely miss this country. I will miss the peace and silence, that I didn't experience in the Philippines. During my college days, I often get irritated to my neighbors for being loud brats. But when I got here, I really do appreciate the peaceful country. I will try my best to bring my family here with me soon.

I went to some shops to buy some souvenirs for my family.  I bought keychains, tee shirts and stationary materials for my work. I already packed my things and made some lesson plans for my upcoming classes.  I guess, I'm ready to go home now. 

PRINCE FELIX' POV 

After that conversation we had at the Little Mermaid, I lost all my confidence to face her again. I know she just said those things because I lied to her. I may not see her during her stay here in the country, but I still make sure that she won't forget me, I always send her a bouquet of flowers and call her, but she's still ignoring me. If she was another woman, for sure she will be flatter and make sure that I will be loved, but August is different, she is very hard to please. I think it is because of her past relationship, she is still afraid to open her heart again, worst of it, open her heart to a prince.

I am patiently waiting here in Copenhagen Airport. Today is the scheduled flight of August going back to the Philippines. I am still planning what will be my next move after this one. I stopped my reverie when I saw August, walking towards the counter, and she walked again, but now she is going to the airplane. I want to hug and kiss her so bad, but I can't even go near to her nor stop her. I know if I will do it, she will hate me more. She's too far away now and I can hardly see her. Farvel, elskede.

One month later...

"There you are young man, mama is looking for you, bror." my brother said and  before going back to his room. It's been a month since August left this country, but the pain inside me is eating me alive. When she leaves Denmark, I no longer go outside the palace. I prefer to stay here in the study room and do all the work. I tried myself to keep busy so that I can forget her, but I failed, until now I still remember her smile, the way she treated me the night we've met, everything about her. I don't know why I feel this way, but one thing is for sure, I can't help it.

I went to the kitchen where my mom is busy preparing something, when she notice that I was there already she smiled. "How are you, son? Can you help me here?" I go near to her, she was chopping pork. "What are you cooking Mama? I grabbed a knife and chopping board and help her.

"We will going to cook sisig, darling." My mom said, it made me freeze for a moment. It's August's favorite food. The information Mr. Victor gave to me last month has a full details, even her favorites stated there. Because of the fact that I still care about August, I asked Mr. Victor to go to the Philippines to look for her and keep me updated. 

Half an hour passed by, we just finish cooking sisig. I was about to take a bite to the small sliced pork when my mama touched my hair and look at me sadly, "Mom, are you okay?" I asked.

"I should be the one asking that question to you, son. Are you okay? I heard that a woman who loves sisig captures my son's heart." She looked at me with concern in her eyes. 

"I'm sorry Mom, I'm not okay." She hugs me while I was trying to control myself not to cry.

"Oh Kære, it's okay to cry, son. You just love her that's why you're hurt." She caressed my left cheek and smiled. "You can go to the Philippines if you want, pursue her. She might not want you at first, maybe because she was afraid, but try it again. Maybe your charm won't work here, but will work there. There's nothing to be afraid in trying." I was too grateful to have an Asian mom. Listening to her right now, brings hope to my heart. She's right, there is nothing to be afraid in trying. After eating sisig, I immediately went to my  study room and call my secretary.

"Lea, prepare the royal plane, I will go to the Philippines, now."

Wait for me there elskede, because I will do anything just to make you mine from now on.