CHAPTER 34: Stedmor

PRINCE FELIX' POV

SHE MISSES YOU.

I smiled as soon as I received the text from the other country. I am grateful to Augustine's friends by the fact they still want to  help me even August and I were not on good terms. Jury texted me where August is currently staying. I'm happy she's been doing well without me, which it also makes me feel so anxious at the same time.

A week had passed, I  was able to solve the issue regarding my wife's rumored affair in the country. Even the bedstemor, the Queen, seems not bothered with it. Augustine is indeed her favorite granddaughter-in-law. We had our lunch together and she said to me that I really should get my wife back. I also solved the issue between Ana and I. She said, it's my step-mother who always wants us to be together again, so I was planning to meet her. Maybe August thinks I chose Ana over her because I haven't gone to the Philippines yet. I am currently in my father's residence here in Paris to meet Princess Marie.

"Your Royal Highness." I bowed down when my step-mother entered the room.

"Felix." She walks closer to me and hugged me. "How are you? Where is your wife?" Now she's asking me that.

"I would like to apologize for this sudden visit, but I'm here to talk about my wife." She looked like she was taken aback but she gestured me to take a seat.

"Is Princess Augustine all right?" She asked.

"Yes. With all due respect, can I ask what is your problem with my wife? Ana said to me that you're the one persuading her to reconcile with me."

"I actually don't have any problem to your wife, it's just that I am too concern for you. Your wife have this kind of personality where she is unfit to the royal family. I'm afraid, she marry you just to have your money, title is just a bonus."

"Don't you think it's my problem to solve and not yours? Let me remind you, you're just my father's second wife. We're talking about my marriage to Augustine, it' shouldn't be your concern."

She gasped at my words, this is my first time to talk rudely to her. Ever since my father introduced her to us, I barely care about my father's second family. But now that she's interrupting my private life, is another story. I stood up, start walking to the door. I stopped and spoke, "I don't want to be angry with you, I respect you as my step-mother. But if you mess with her, you'll mess with me. Please send my regards to my siblings."

I didn't look at her and walked straight out of the mansion. Now, it's time to get my wife back.