CHAPTER 21: Let's See

AUGUSTINE'S POV

We are currently on our way to the Amalienborg Palace, where the event will be held. I look outside the window when Felix holds my hand and intertwined it to his'. "You'll be fine August." I stared at him and look back again to the window.

"I'm fine, Herre." I replied calmly.

"Deny as long as you want, kone. But you can't fool me, you  look nervous."

As soon as we arrived at the venue, I just want the ground to swallow me, everyone in the party just watched us. Looking at them, some are curious who am I, some gives me deathly glares, I just ignored them. Felix' father and step-mother walked towards us, I started to smile when they reach us. It seems that Princess Marie is also one of those people who gives me deathly glare, I can say that she really don't like me for her stepson, I just hope Grevinde Alexandra will be here now.

"Tillykke med fødselsdagen, far." Felix said and hug his father. I think he just greeted Prince Joachim a happy birthday, I still have a hard time understanding Danish words, that's why most of the time, I'll just guess the meaning by it's tone or whatever I think it is.

"Tak skal du have, Felix. I'm happy that you're with your lovely wife, how are you dear?" My father-in-law asked. I smiled at him and replied "I'm totally fine, Your Highness. Happy Birthday."

"You can call me far, you're a family now, kære."

"Far" I said, the Prince just smiled while the woman beside him still giving me those glares. They leave us and we went to the table where Prince Nikolai seated. Felix pulls the chair for me when I suddenly bow down in front of my brother-in-law, I don't know what I'm going to do, I'm still learning my royal etiquette. Prince Nikolai did also tell me that I shouldn't bow down to him because we are both in the same position.

After I met the queen, I asked Felix if there's any room here where I can rest, I started to feel dizzy again. He led me to the room and I stayed here, I let him go downstairs to attend the event. An hour had passed when someone knocked at the door. I said to the person to come in, and it turns out that it's Felix' stepmother.

 "Felix told me that you decided to stay here for a bit, are you all right, skat?" She said with concern, for all I know she's too nice to act like she cares about me. Don't 'darling' me if you mean the other way around, I thought to myself.

"I just felt a little dizzy, Your Highness." I said with such grace. If she wants to act as a good citizen here, then so do I. She sat down on the bed while her eyes focused on the view outside the window.

"I came here to say something." She said while giving me a deathly glare. This woman is starting to get on my nerves. She better control her words or she will end up being hurt by a pregnant woman. "I don't like you for Felix, I know that if you wouldn't get pregnant, he will just leave you." She admitted bitterly. I laugh at her words, I guess she thinks I'm just this pity woman in here.

"You know what, Your Highness. You make this night extra special and make me laugh, big time." I joked. I grasp her hand when she was about to slap me. I pull her hand that she draws closer to me.

"You. For your information, Felix did chase me, I may not be that beautiful to be chased nor graceful to fit for the family, but I will not tolerate this behavior of yours. And don't you dare try to slap me again or else this delicate hand of yours will be injured." I threatened and let her hand go.

She held her hand and look at me intently. "Is this how you treat an elder?"

"It depends to the elder I'm interacting with." I grinned and got up from the bed. I better go back downstairs or I will cause trouble here.

"Felix will leave you, not now, but soon." She said confidently.

I just chuckled and look  at her. "Let's see."