CHAPTER 7: One Step at a Time

PRINCE FELIX' POV

The heat of the Philippine sun welcomed me as I went outside the plane. We landed here in Laguindingan Airport, Mr. Victor said, this is the nearest airport to Cagayan de Oro City where August resided. It's one o'clock in the afternoon, I immediately went inside the private car going to the city.

I thought that the distance between the airport and the city has been just meters away, I was wrong. It took me one hour to reach the city. Before going to August's workplace, I went to a local flower shop, I observed that this place is near to the St. Augustine's Cathedral. I think I know now where August's parents got her name. I buy a bouquet of white chrysanthemums, her favorite flower. I went back to the car and going to the university where she teach.

As I arrived to the school campus, Mr. Victor guide me inside and led me to the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice Department. I went inside the office to see that the only person in there is the secretary.

"Good afternoon, Sir. How may I help you?" The secretary stood up and greeted me. 

"Good afternoon, I am looking for Miss Augustine Lopez. Is she here?" The secretary look at me, obviously wondering who I am. "I am her friend from Denmark." Now she looked amaze, she said that August is currently having her class and asked me if I can wait for like, 10 minutes. I said yes and sit down on the offered seat. 

After almost 12 minutes of waiting, I can already see some students passing outside the office.  And the door opened, seeing the woman I've been longing to see smiling while talking to her colleagues. I think it's time... I walked towards her which it makes her surprised when she see me. I was going to talk when she grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the office. When we reached inside of a vacant room, she quickly locked it and face me.

I didn't wait for her to say something when I kiss her lips, passionately. She's trying to get away from me, but I drew her even closer so I can have a better access to her mouth. When I feel something is heating up within me, I gently release her and smile. I came here to win her heart, not to ravish her, I have to control myself.

"What are you doing here, Felix? Didn't I tell you to stop this nonsense?" She asked, without even looking at me. She feels awkward because of the kiss.

"Well, it looks like I'm having a vacation here, kærlighed." I hugged her, but she immediately pushed me. "There's so many places to visit here in the country, yet you chose to go here, are you kidding me Your Highness? Do you really think I will believe in your excuses?" Now, she glared at me heatedly. 

"No, here's your flowers. I'm sorry if I disturbed you. I just want to see you again." I said apologetically, I gave her the flowers and walk towards the door. If I can't persuade her to have a date with me, then I have to make another tactic. 3... 2... 1...

"Wait" That's it, I only need few nudge for her to take wholly to my bait.

"Tell me, what is your intention in coming here?" She looks at me, passionately.

I go back to her place, closer that our faces are only a few inches apart. She is still looking at me, as I whispered something to her. "I came here, to ask you for a date, August." I look back to her, to see her reaction, she gave me a small grin before she respond.

"Okay, then. You want a date, I'll give you one. Meet me at the NMPSA tomorrow afternoon." She said, before leaving the room.

Huh? What? NMPSA?