CHAPTER 37: She Looks Like Her

I ran towards the child, I saw him walking across the street to get his toy. When I heard Felix' voice, he's screaming.

"August!" I glanced at the side of the road while I ran. There's a car fast approaching to us, I immediately carried the child and continue to run when I felt something hit my arm that caused my body to stumble.

"August!" I opened my eyes when I suddenly felt pain in my stomach. I touched my bump, don't tell me...

"Ah!" I screamed loud enough to vent out the pain. My stomach really hurts, I can't get up. Felix carried me until we reached to his car. Slowly, I'm getting weaker. I already feel the continuous flow of blood coming out of my body.

"I got you, min elskede. It's gonna be okay, everything will be okay."

PRINCE FELIX' POV

"Felix, wake up." I woke up when someone shake me by the shoulder. How many minutes I've slept? My hand still intertwined with Augustine's cold hand. It's been 2 hours since the incident, yet, she's still unconscious. I glanced at the person who wake me up, it's Augustine's friend.

"I'm sorry to wake you up, but Augustine's parents are in here." Sheena informed. I was surprised that I stood up. I didn't expect to see them in person, especially in the current situation. Sheena walked at the door, giving August's parents a go. Mother-in-law went inside first, I can see the resemblance of August to her mother, she looks like my wife's older sister. And August's father went inside. 

"Good afternoon, Ma'am, Sir. I'm Felix, Augustine's husband." August's father seems like he's examining me. But her mother, immediately went closer to my wife.

"How is she? What happened?" Mother-in-law asked.

I was about to answer her what happened when the doctor came inside.

"I guess the patient's family is here, so first, the patient is fine now. She got an injury from her left arm. So, about the babies, they're also both fine." After he informed us, I think I'm about to fall. My family is safe, thank you Lord.

"May I have a word with you?" August's father suddenly talks to me.

"Yes, Sir." I replied and we walked outside the hospital.

We reached at the parking lot of the hospital. He stopped walking and so do I. Observing the weather here in the Philippines, it's a bit hot now for my liking.

"I don't want you for my daughter." August's father declared.

"Sir?" Did he really mean that?

"But I trust my daughter too well, she's not that type of woman who can be easily wooed. Do you love my daughter, Your Royal Highness?"

"Yes, Sir." I confidently confessed. I don't know what he is talking about, but I have to make sure they would like me. My father-in-law looked at me and smirked.

"Then from now on, you have to call me 'papa'." August's father smiled and pat my shoulder.

After a short conversation with my father-in-law, I went back to the room where August is. Papa already went home, because he had something to take care of. As I arrived at the room, I saw August eating Ala King Meal. What? Who bought that one?

"I am." Now it's Jury, August's closest friend. I just smiled and walked closer to my wife.

"August"