Chapter XLII (NSFW)

"I don't like how close you are to me," Kylo growled. "Not in moments like these where eyes are all over us. And you are in a gown!"

Sighing, Chi held onto his fingers, "Kylo, we will be alright. It was better that I was dressed this way. It seems like a diplomatic mission."

"You could get the people of Sona hurt like this," he countered. "You didn't think this through."

Hearing how his voice faltered, knowing how worried he was, Chi gave his fingers a squeeze. "We can't let our fears consume us... You know this very well. If we do, then that means Palpatine is already winning. We must confuse him in any means necessary if we have to. No one will know we are joining forces. The only ones who heard were Leia's most trusted allies. The mole is being held prisoner. For all he knows... I'm turning my back on them to be beside you..."

Eyeing her, the way she gazed up at him, Kylo's heart skipped a beat. This was the first time he had ever seen her all dressed up like the princess she was. It was new... It was lovely. He wished he was living in a moment where she was going to soon marry him and she was moving in. His fantasies gave him a sense of freedom, but he was thankful that he had at least won her heart.

At least that.

"Let's begin discussing our possible tactics and share what we know," he softly spoke before Chi nodded. The two sat down as the knights then followed.

• • •

"We must find out where Palpatine is," Chi spoke as she had been standing up, pulling out a holo pad from a small bag Tou had been carrying. The droid had been silent for the most part, only speaking when spoken to. Though... he had much to say about the new found information that Chi had something with the Supreme Leader. "Leia sent me these images of the Jedi text Rey had taken. Above it is an image of a Sith holocron," she pointed as everyone eyed it. "This could be a key, this could help."

"It won't be easy to find..." Kylo spoke up as he shook his head. "Let alone, open. It requires a Sith and they are found in Sith temples. Who knows if we can even find one now."

"How could we know when we have a Sith still alive?" Chi shook her head.

"The question is, how do we open it if we find it?" He asked. "We can't get Palpatine to open it, he's the only Sith..." then, deep in thought, Kylo sat up. "Unless we use Rey—"

"No," Chi snapped. "No, we are not using Rey."

"Chi—"

"She is suffering as it is, I will not risk hurting her that way!" She shook her head as Kylo sighed.

"Chi, she won't be using anything but her bloodline. She is the descendant of Palpatine... she may be our key to this," he explained as Chi frowned. "There is a reason things happen, Rey has a reason why she ended up here in this moment. If it isn't to join him, it's to destroy him."

Sighing and wiping her face, Chi sighed, "I need to discuss this with Leia. She is our leader in the end."

"It would help us, Chi. Deep down... you know," he said, looking at her. "She is the key to all of this."

"I know," Chi said as she gathered her things. "I know." Aiming for Tou and placing the holo pad in the small bag, Chi breathed in. "I must go now and inform Leia of what we've discussed. She will reach you with a transmission of what we've decided."

"Wait," Kylo stood up. "You are not leaving right now."

"Why not?" Chi shook her head.

"It's too dangerous now," Margo stood as she spoke up. "Coruscant isn't safe at night unless you're indoors... Not with these bastards lurking about."