Chapter XLV

The blue glow reflected off of Rey's face as she gasped, looking up at the man as he knelt before her, the young Jedi watched as the Force ghost reached out. Settling their hand underneath her chin, they spoke up, "you don't know how strong you are... You have done so much more than you realize, you are facing what tears you apart. What tears this galaxy apart. I know you can do this. I know you can destroy the darkness that reigns. Young Rey, you have all you need. You will never be alone again."

Feeling her heart skip a beat at the realization of who it was, after numerous of holo images and shared stories, Rey whispered, "Anakin Skywalker..."

"Stand up and fight on for what you believe in, for those you love... Destroy Palpatine for good," Anakin nodded before another Force ghost appeared beside him—Obi Wan Kenobi placed his hand on his padawans shoulder before one by one, past Jedi began to appear.

Feeling all the light surround her, as if empowering her and filling her with all the courage and strength, Rey stood to her feet.

"We will be with you through it all. You are doing this not only for us and the fallen Jedi, but for the galaxy. You are the new hope, helping bring back balance." Stepping back, Anakin presented the path towards the temple, "freedom can only be reached if you take the first step."

Looking at the temple, Rey took in a deep breath before making her way through. Fighting against the winds and holding the text against her chest as she clenched her teeth, a sudden barrier surrounded her. It was almost as if the piercing winds and pelting rain dodged her. Approaching the temple and seeing there was no entrance, Rey took in a deep breath before looking down at the text, "use the Force..."

Taking a small step back, Rey breathed in before closing her eyes. Reaching a hand out, she heard the temple shift as it began to rise higher and higher. Opening her eyes, Rey made her way inside.

• • •

Leia's voice gently spoke as she discussed ways to find Rey with Chi and Kaydel. Listening in and eyeing the map, Chi took in a small breath, thinking about the stone. She couldn't understand as to why the stone kept making its way to her, wondering how it was even possible that it could... or the lingering possibility that it was all in her head and that he was making her see it.

Lost in her thoughts, Chi suddenly felt something pinching her hip. Reaching into her pocket and feeling something sharp yet smooth, she pulled it out and felt her heart drop. Gulping at the sight of the stone in her hand, Chi cleared her throat, "excuse me, I—" nearly rushing off as Kaydel and Leia watched in confusion.

Exiting the cave and tossing the stone, Chi clenched her fists and shouted "leave me alone!"

Suddenly feeling the world around her still as the atmosphere went mute, Chi's heart stopped.

You can't escape me...

I am getting closer the more you open yourself to the darkness...

Shaking her head, Chi spoke through tight teeth, "you will never win." Shutting her eyes and taking in a deep breath, hoping to force him out, Chi opened her eyes to darkness. Storm clouds hung low and surrounded her as the air felt then.

Feeling her heart race, a deceased body lied before her. "No..." She shook her head as her hands began to shake. Taking small steps forward as she reached out, her heart dropped, "Kylo..." Lifting her hands and rubbing her face, Chi violently shook her head. "No! This isn't real! Kylo is alive!" Opening her eyes, Chi instantly yelled at the sight of a lifeless Kylo standing before her.