Chapter XXIV

Chi's mind swirled around images of a temple. All she could see was darkness, clouds surrounding her as the structure sat before her. Ghostly figures rushed by, unsure of what had happened there before, if these visions had happened there. A frantic woman rushed, their figure being in shades of blue as the sight faded away. Then, an infant appeared, a woman carrying the child as it wailed. Fading away, another woman stood and held a little girls hand. As it faded, it then showed herself... standing before Kylo... the moment they first met. 

Blinking as she tried to understand what was happening before her, a voice spoke, "you must find me... Find me and learn the truth."

"All your troubles..."

"You will soon understand..."

"Find me..."

"But, beware..."

"He follows..."

Instantly waking up, Chi took in a deep breath before frowning. Kylo was gone. Sitting up and rubbing her face, she realized she, too, must leave before anyone grew suspicious.

Standing from her bed and ready to aim for the ship's canopy, Chi stopped midway as she found what looked to be a key. A key for a blast door. Furrowing her eyebrows and lifting it from the corner of her bed, she shivered at the touch. Kylo left it behind. "Yet he leaves no note or clue as to where it is for..." Placing it back down, Chi made her way back to the canopy and plotted for her return to Ajan Kloss.

Kylo was already back in his endless stream of meetings routine. He had left Chi's bedside much earlier than she had known. It was enough that he just couldn't sleep with the sort of life he lived, but also, he knew he had to be ready early morning. He had made his way back to his temporary chambers on Coruscant, leaving behind the only spare key to it for Chi to have. He'd soon explain what it was for when they had their next connection. For now, he was focused on satisfying the Supreme Leader's order and keeping Chi a secret.

• • •

"Have you seen Chi?" Rey asked as she walked up to both Leia and Poe. "I wanted to speak to her since I hardly got to yesterday but she is nowhere to be found..."

"I haven't seen her," Poe shook his head. "Though, to be fair, I've let her be for the time being after being gone for a while."

"I suppose... I just wanted to train with her..." Rey sighed before looking at Leia. "Have you seen her?"

Leia couldn't answer truthfully, after the confession Chi made to her the day before, Leia had started to notice shifts in the Force. Minor shifts... but shifts only she could notice. And Leia was aware Chi wasn't on the base that last night. "No, I'm sorry, Rey..." she shook her head. "I would say to train with Finn, but I'm sure you've had enough of him," she teased but Rey smiled with a shake of her head.

"As much as I do love training with him, we both have the same knowledge... Master Skywalker only taught us so much before we left..." Rey trailed. "I'm sorry we couldn't bring him back..."

Lifting and placing her hand on Rey's shoulder, Leia softly smiled, one that so easily reached the scavenger-turned-Jedi heart, "it isn't yours nor Finn's fault... I know, when the time is right, we will see Luke again."

Nodding her head, Rey placed her hand on Leia's, "I truly hope so." Leaving the general's side, Rey left the cave and made her way down to the campgrounds. Ready to train on what Luke had taught her and Finn, Rey lifted her head and spotted Chi in the distance.

The princess was walking into the jungle as she held onto her dual blades. Smiling to herself, Rey jogged over before calling out Chi's name and catching her attention. "Rey?"