Chapter XVI

The sight of a vast ocean brought gazes upon Finn and Rey's faces. They had never seen anything like it. So much water with so little land. Although, they did see something similar like Takodana... there was something different about Ahch-To. Exchanging looks of awe, the two landed the Millennium Falcon on their destination: a lone island.

"Are you ready for this?" Finn spoke as his hand hovered the button to open the ramp.

"Well... it is the Luke Skywalker... I don't think I could ever be ready..." Rey sighed, but Finn smiled and hit the button.

"We did meet Han Solo," Finn reminded as Rey chuckled, turning him around to walk down the ramp. Taking a step back, Finn had Rey lead the way along the path towards the man they had hoped to bring back.

The pathway to Luke was quite tedious. It was long and a bit tiring... Eventually, Finn and Rey made their way to the top of the steps. Coming to a stop, Rey stood before Finn as he looked at her, then at a man in the distance. "It's him..." she nearly whispered as Finn nodded.

Seeing the man slowly turn as he lowered his hood, Rey felt her heart skip a beat as Finn suddenly felt her change of emotions. Quickly looking down and reaching into her bag, pulling out the lightsaber and extending her arm, Rey lifted her focus to the older man.

Eyeing the two, the man before them slowly walked over and eyed the weapon. Reaching over and grabbing it in his hands, he looked at the hilt.

"You are Luke Skywalker..." Finn said.

"Please, Mr. Skywalker—" seeing the man walk past them as if they didn't exist, Finn and Rey exchanges looks of confusion. "Mr. Skywalker?"

Watching him walk away, Finn and Rey decided to follow after. "I don't understand? Why is he being this way? Isn't that his?"

"Han did say he went into hiding because of the destruction of his temple..." Rey lowly spoke. "This is him..."

Seeing the man walk into a hut as the two followed, Luke instantly shut the door before them, causing the two to stumble back. "Well..." Finn blinked before reaching over and knocking. "Skywalker? Hey, we are from the Resistance and we were sent to—" Stopping himself as he felt Rey's shift in emotion once again, Finn looked over as Rey walked off. "Rey?"

Walking down the hill and towards an ancient looking tree, Finn was right behind as Rey aimed for the small entrance of the natural structure. Quietly entering and spotting a collection of books that were illuminated by rays of light, Finn stood from behind as Rey reached over to touch the spines of the texts.

"Who are you?" Hearing the voice, Finn and Rey looked over. "Who are you two?"

"I'm Rey," the tribun woman spoke up. "And he is Finn. We are with the Resistance."

"So I've heard. Do you two not have last names?" Luke asked. Seeing the two eye one another, Luke's eyebrows furrowed. "Just Rey and Finn?"

"Yup," Finn nodded. "I'm an ex stormtrooper and she was a scavenger from Jakku. Now we are with the Resistance."

"You have mentioned. Three times."

"Mr. Skywalker, we desperately need your help. The First Order is getting stronger by the second. We may have destroyed their super weapon, but that does not mean we stopped them. We need you." Standing before the man as she had hopeful eyes, Rey felt as if she were holding her breath.

"There is a reason why I'm here and not over there."

Watching him turn and walk off, Finn spoke up, "we need all the help we can get to destroy the First Order."