Chapter XXII

Chi and Kylo sat in the canopy of their borrowed ship as they spotted the neutral planet before them. Making a soft landing—unlike the previous day—Chi looked out the window and eyed the desert planet. She hadn't seen anything like it, so used to the luscious planets she's visited (and even lived on).

"Tatooine, one of the worst planets filled with scum," Kylo said as he stood up. "Nothing special."

"This is a neutral planet?" Chi asked as she eyed the sandstone structures.

"Neither the Order or the Resistance seem to care much about it... there's not much to it but moisture farms and cantinas," Kylo said with distaste.

Nodding, Chi looked over at Kylo as he had walked towards the back. "Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving the ship to you, I will find another of my own and return to the First Order." Watching Kylo gather his distressed clothes, ready to change into them, Chi followed and settled her hand on his. "I can't go back dressed like this, I will be questioned."

"You will be questioned anyway for being gone for so long," Chi said, looking up at him with soft eyes. "There is no lie in saying you crashed, escaped, and made your way back."

"You don't know Snoke," Kylo gulped as he looked down at his torn up attire, "he will pick up any hint of hesitation. He will ask why it is I bothered to change and spend time caring for my health than return back immediately."

Sucking in a breath as she eyed him, Chi sensed the sudden change in him. He was tense, anxious, and worried. His heart was more than likely picking up its pace as his nerves danced around. "Kylo..." Chi said, moving to stand before him. "Look at me..."

Gulping as he stared down at his clothes, clutching onto it, fearing the punishment that awaited him, Kylo suddenly felt Chi's soft hands on his face. He forced himself to look at her, the gentleness of her expression, her green and blue eyes he found peace in... he truly wished he hadn't tried to kill her on that beach. All those times before when he had interacted with her, he never had any intentions to hurt her. He knew she had power and he knew she had strength, always wanting to see her improve in ways he wasn't actually teaching her.

There was much regret in him, especially in those moments he realized he felt something other than fascination and curiosity. Something strong that grew from the strength of her love and loyalty to her people and the light. Her never ending compassion. The ability to care and never be cruel to those who didn't deserve it. It was never in her... and he knew that's why he had to do everything to save her from the voice in her head. To protect her from Snoke. Because he was the same way when he was younger... always holding so much love for his parents and those who cared for him.

The light he lost all those years back.

"You have it in you to do whatever you need to do to protect yourself. You have all the power in the galaxy to do what's right. To step up or turn away. You don't deserve this treatment. You are so much more than Snoke's puppet, Kylo. You have the power in you to do what's right for yourself... no matter what. Snoke is nothing. Snoke is the monster. You are the victim of his cruel hands. Don't become what he wants you to be. Become something more."

Looking deep in her eyes as he felt something in him he never had felt before, Kylo leaned in and kissed Chi. His hands dropped his clothes as he held her waist, kissing her deeply and passionately. "No one has ever had this much faith in me before."

"No one seems to understand you," Chi shook her head. "At least... not those who don't truly know you," she hinted.

"And you know me?" He asked, lips hovering her own.