Chapter XLVI

There was a fuzzy feeling in Kylo's mind, a sensation in the Force he wasn't quite familiar with. He was in the midst of a plan he had been working on with the knights when he heard a distant voice as he had left them.

"Ben, Ben Solo," furrowing his eyebrows, he stopped in his tracks. "I have found the location of Palpatine, I am headed into the Unknown Regions, a planet called Exegol."

"Rey?" He muttered under his breath.

"You are the only one I believe should know, you deserve to take him down with me."

Hearing the world around him as he tuned back into reality, he looked around the hall of the palace before taking in a deep breath.

This was what he needed, the final move to take.

Making his way into the depths of the palace, deep where no one could possibly find him, Kylo pulled out a holo pad from behind a loose brick, settling on a rock formation before he removed his helmet. Adjusting it and pushing a few buttons, Kylo took in a deep breath, "this is for the New Republic and all the allies of the Resistance. I have been given information that is vital to the destruction of an enemy that has made a sudden return. Emperor Palptine is in the Unknown Regions on a planet called Exegol. These are you first steps to destroy the Final Order, the Emperor... and the First Order."

Ending the message and adjusting his voice before sending it out, Kylo stepped back and reached out his hand, crushing the device and leaving no remnants behind.

Standing amongst her most trusted men, Leia leaned against the center counsel and listened to the message of a distorted voice. A hologram illuminated as an image floated, eyeing the symbol, Leia swallowed. Only that particular image was used during the Rebellion... a way for communication of a rebel spy... "Fulcrum..." Leia muttered under her breath, just enough for no one but Kaydel to hear.

"Exegol?" Poe shook his head. "I've never heard of it—"

"I know who sent this," Leia said, looking at Kaydel, then the rest of her allies. "Codename Fulcrum, it hasn't been used in so long, only very few know of it."

"How do we know this information is trustworthy?" Rose asked.

"Because," Leia breathed in. "It's my son."

"Ben?" Finn arched an eyebrow as Leia nodded.

"Yes, I know it's him. I can feel it... and I know what he's saying is the truth," she nodded. "We need to go to Exegol in order to help Rey and defeat Palpatine once and for all."

"Your son?" An ally asked.

"The Supreme Leader?"

"How can we trust him?"

"He could be lying!"

A wave of doubt filled the air as overlapping questions echoed. Leia tried to speak up, urging to believe in her son as she did, but no one wanted to listen. Not after what he had done. However, Kaydel spoke up and silenced the small crowed. "Our general is doing this for us. She trusts us. She's done everything in her power to save the galaxy all of her life! She's fought hard to bring back peace, to do what's right! Leia has always believed in us, now it's our time to believe in her," she said as she eyed everyone. "I trust her, and if she knows that he is telling the truth, then you all should trust her, too."

Hearing mumbling again, Leia looked at Kaydel as the two exchanged nods.

Kylo was on his way out before he spotted the knights there. All six gave him a nod, knowing this was just the beginning of the end. They vowed to be by his side till the very end, no matter what it meant. After all, they were the only ones he trusted in the First Order.