Chapter XXV

Chi couldn't remember when she had fallen asleep. The moment her and Kylo had rested on the bed only felt like it was moments ago... but now she found herself in the middle of nowhere, chills running down her spine from the fear of the unknown.

Voices began to fill Chi's head as she stood before a temple. The same temple from the shared dream she had with Kylo. Feeling heavy winds hit her as storm clouds hovered above, Chi lifted her hand and walked closer.

"All that you desire lies ahead."

"The answers you need..."

"They are here."

"Find me."

The eerie voice, an unrecognizable one, ghosted in the air. "Who are you?!" She called out, looking around and seeing no one. Nothing but the storm above and the temple ahead.

"I am what you need."

"Where your curiosity lies."

"The truth of what's in your head."

"The unknown past... the lurking present... and the unseen future."

Shaking her head, approaching the temple, Chi noticed a green glow in the distance. Picking up her pace and spotting the green figure from long ago, Chi's heart then stopped as a dark shadow followed after. Growing closer as her hand reached out, the temple's entrance just in arms reach, she suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and pull her away. "No!"

"Chi?!" Kylo called out as the young woman woke up and looked at him.

"I— I was so close!" She shook her head. "That temple... It's real. I just know it!"

Looking at her as she had sat up, Kylo pushed himself up and took in deep breath. "How are you so sure?"

"I can just feel it... Kylo, what if it holds something that could help us learn about the truth? About who it is I keep hearing in my head?" Chi said as she looked him in the eyes. "We need to find it."

"Chi..."

"Please," she begged. "We need to... What if this stops the voice in my head... What if it frees me?" Looking at him with pleading eyes, Kylo took in a deep breath. "I— I know we are in the midst of a war on opposing sides but, Kylo—"

"Let's go," he breathed. "Right now."

Sighing in relief, Chi wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, "thank you."

"I will never let you face this alone," Kylo said as he embraced her small body against his large one. "You and I will destroy whoever it is that is tormenting you." Thinking about his own troubles, Kylo tightened his grip. "No matter what it takes."

• • •

Sitting in her ship as she manned the pilot area while Kylo handled the copilot buttons and switches, Chi sucked in a deep breath as Kylo looked over at her. "It will be okay," he assured as Chi looked over. "You have me."

Smiling at him as she nodded, Chi turned her focus back ahead as she prepared her ship to leave the planet. Her instincts were yelling at her and she felt a pull in the Force, guiding her to where her dreams kept taking her to. She felt it to be real, she knew it was real, the temple was calling to her and she desperately needed to see it in person.

Lifting off and breaking into light-speed, Kylo eyed Chi for a moment as her focus was set on the open galaxy before them. He could feel her energy and emotions, the jumpy nerves and desperation. Reaching his hand over to grab onto hers, Chi clutched onto it as she took in a sharp breath.