Chapter XXXII (NSFW)

Finn was in a hurry. Something wasn't right. His connection to Rey grew stronger and stronger every passing day. Speeding through the sky and searching for Rey, Poe cursed. "This is not what we need."

"What is it?" Finn asked, looking in the direction Poe had been, spotting a TIE fighter.

"Kylo Ren, he's after Rey, we need to get her now," quickly diving down and instantly landing between the two of the Force users, Finn rushed out and opened the ramp, waving his hand for Rey.

"Come one, let's go!" He called out, but Rey was frozen. She looked over to the pile of burning metal, then back to Finn. His eyes followed, unsure of what had happened. She was in distress, he knew. Had she caused the destruction? Rushing over and taking her hand, he tugged her with him back into the Falcon.

Lifting off and getting as far away from the planet as possible, Poe manned the piloting as Finn kept Rey's hand in his.

"I killed her..." Rey muttered, lost in a trance as she stood there with tear stained cheeks and watery eyes.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Finn shook his head, "who?"

"I killed Chi..." she nearly whispered as Finn eyed her in confusion. "She came to my rescue... I was outnumbered, overwhelmed. She sensed it. She came. And then... she was gone."

"Rey, what— what do you mean?" Finn asked.

"They took her as a prisoner... I tried to stop them, to freeze the ship and pull it back... but it— it exploded..." standing there, numb, Rey saw the image replay in her head. "She died because of me..."

"Rey..."

"I have become what I have been running away from... What I've been trying to protect others from..." she continued but Finn refused to believe her words. "I've had this darkness within me... for so long... and I never knew how truly bad it was. When I fought Kylo on Starkiller Base, I wanted to kill him. When we were on the Supremacy, I wanted to kill Snoke. And... now, I wanted to kill anyone who dared hurt her. Yet... I did—"

"Rey, this isn't you. You know that. You are so strong—"

"Maybe it is me," she interjected. "I've never known who I truly am. I've always been lost. No identity. Just Rey. Now I believe... that there's truly more to me... Something terrifying that maybe I was hidden away from..."

"Rey, don't do this," Finn shook his head. "You know who you are. You are Rey, a hero. You've saved so many lives. You've saved me. You've been saving the galaxy with all the sacrifices you've made—"

"I couldn't save her." At that, Rey walked away, leaving Finn standing there with a frown and a heavy heart.

This is who you are, a voice echoed in Rey's head as she squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, stopping in her tracks before continuing on. But, before she could, she felt a hand on her shoulder, turning her and engulfing her in an embrace as she melted into it with her tears.

• • •

Stomping through the hangar of the flagship Kylo had given the Knights of Ren, his fists continuously opened and closed. Heavy breathing left his helmet as his mind went black. He wasn't thinking, he couldn't even hear a thing. It felt as if all his senses had shut down. He was seeing red, seeing the blood that would rise in his wake. It was so raw, the fury he felt that filled up in his throat like bile.

He wanted to kill, he wanted to destroy, he wanted someone to suffer. He hadn't felt such rage in so long, not since Chi had walked into his life with the light that flowed around her.