. Truth Comes To Show .

You nodded excitedly as the thought of being alone with him is certainly extended. This caused a new wave of energy that made you carelessly run across the empty, cemented  road to where the pet park is located; to which left an alarmed Randy immediately sprinting after you as he reacted on his heroic instincts to tell you that running across a road without looking is considered to be dangerous, and possibly fatal. After the previous event, another death or accident to anyone whom he cares about will surely take a toll on him. His failure as a Ninja is filling up, like water consuming the space of an already damaged porcelain mug and worst of all, he doesn't know how long he could keep it from reaching the brim while repairing the taunting cracks.

The purple haired teen now stands blankly outside the gates of the pet park occupied by his thoughts while you start to climb over it by yourself, thinking that he's following close behind. You only look behind once you reach and hold yourself at the top of it. "Are you just going to stand there?"

The weary teen looks left to right and when he saw only silent streets and the sleeping sky, he follows suit and both of you land together on the other side successfully then continued to walk on the direction where most trees were found; but as you did, you also kept tripping over hidden rocks and twigs.

This caused a laugh from Randy and he gently whispers his unfiltered thoughts with a loving smile. "You remind me so much of her."

You felt an instant sting to your chest even though he hasn't explained the context of his sentence. It was so unexpected that you didn't notice yourself pause for a while and turn back to face the boy lost in nostalgia. "What?"

Randy rewinds that last memory of the little girl he had met when he was a kid as he stops right behind you. He had only seen her once in the day care. "She had eyes like yours, the smile too and that laugh, I'll never ever forget."

He then continued to talk about the day he met the Ninja with Howard as a kid to which you quickly recognized as one of the episodes. However, there's one major difference to his story: a "pretty girl" was with him that day. You listened intently, waiting for him to further explain her physical traits but he didn't linger much on that topic. The teen admitted how his younger self was envious at how this little girl would marvel at the Ninja and how she was so keen on meeting the said hero. Of course, everyone in general would be but it didn't sit right with little Randy that he was getting less attention from someone he likes.

As your (e/c) eyes widen with surprise at the thought that Randy liked someone before, sapphire eyes continue to glimmer with immense hope, "I was planning on confessing to her the next day with a red poppy but she wasn't there anymore and she broke a promise that day as well. I just wish she could see me now; being the Ninja and how bruce I've become."

Still unsure of what to feel, you decid to stay cool and reassure him, "I'm sure she's proud of you."

After Randy thanks you with a nod and smile, the both of you continue to search for the perfect tree and once you have, the both of you start climbing. The lanky teen climbed on the other side while climbing on the other and the trunk of the tree itself acted as a wall between the two of you. Once you think you've reached high enough, you gently sit on a sturdy branch, let your legs dangle off and lean on the trunk whose bark was quite itchy; but it was also tolerable.

As you enjoyed the silence of the night and calming sway of the luscious leaves, Randy asks quite an interesting question that's actually been bugging him ever since you were stanked. "Do you remember what you said before you... before you were stanked?"

You tried to rewind the said memory but everything is blurry to which you admitted honestly to him.

"Oh, that's alright." He sighs with disappointment. "Nevermind."