.̷ ̴T̷h̷e̴ ̵D̸i̴s̸a̷p̷p̴e̴a̴r̴a̴n̷c̴e̸ ̶o̵f̶ ̴a̵n̸ ̸A̷l̸i̸e̷n̷ ̷.̸

Howard's POV

"Where is she, Cunningham?" I thought out loud to my best friend as we lounge in his room, "Do you think he's holding her hostage? Or something?"

(Y/n) (L/n) has been missing for two whole days, and today's the third but it's no mystery who the kidnapper is. It's Mcfist. After the Nukid Incident, Randy (being the ninja) ran after the aircraft. I know I don't usually show it but, that day, I felt dread crept up in the pit of stomach. He didn't come back until later that night causing him to miss the rest of school. I was in his house, waiting for him at that time. He looked so defeated and tired. When I asked where (Y/n) was, he completely pushed me out of his room, and demanded not to ask him about this. I did what he asked, and tried to understand the situation. The next two days, a rumor spread around that (Y/n) went back to where she was, which is her home planet, somewhere in space.

I felt somewhat disturbed that not many didn't really care or search for her. This just shows and Randy and I are the only ones who care. I mean, it's not like they know what really happened. I couldn't help but think If they knew what had happened, would they act differently?
I know she's an alien but she doesn't deserve this. All of this.

Now, we were supposed to do our math homework but we ended up playing grave punchers. No surprise there. When he didn't answer, and when I noticed his player not punching graves causing us to lose the game, I paused it and decided to face him.

"Dude?" My eyebrows furrowed together as I notice the expression on his face. It's a first for me to see him have such a blank stare towards... the floor? His eyes were wide with fear and guilt along with dark lines beneath, obviously not sleeping at night. Oh juice, I shouldn't have said that. I felt guilty about thinking all of that stuff out loud.

I drop my controller, and put my hand on his shoulders then squeezed it for comfort, "Hey, I'm sorry about that. I'm sure you did everything you could. I mean, you aren't the one to just give up a fight, right?"

He laughs monotonely then shrugs, still looking on the floor, "Yeah, I guess."

I know I shouldn't have asked, but curiosity got the better of me and I think I deserved an explanation since I am... somewhat a best friend of (Y/n). That's an enough and acceptable reason right?

I gulped, "Did you really not see her anywhere? that night?"

His jaw ticks and his head turns away from me, "Howard, I told you not to bring this up."

"Dude," I calmly started, "It's been two days. Don't you think I deserve to know what really happened? I'm.. her friend too, you know." I waited for answer, and hope that everything I said made sense. There's suddenly this change of atmosphere wherein I felt like what he's going to say next is going to be intense. Silnce came over as well until...

"I don't know."

This sentence left a sour taste in my mouth. The way he said it makes me want to ask more, like how could he have such a monotone voice?

I squint my eyes at him, "What do you mean you don't know?" I thought that my tone had been calm, but hearing it now, it just came out as a desperate need for an answer as fear slowly crept up on me. Two days I've waited, and now he's saying doesn't know..?

"It's... I'm not.. just-" Randy pauses, still looking away. He lets out a sigh, a sign he gave up trying to explain, "I don't know."

"I'm not in the mood for jokes, Cunningham," I warned him as silence fills the atmosphere. Realization hits me when he didn't confess that it's all a joke and has been avoiding my gaze.