.̸̲͒ ̷͓̪̆Ḃ̵̨̀ä̴͇̜́ď̵̦͙̌ ̴̲͝E̶̺̟͠n̸̜̙͝ḋ̷̘̜̀ ̸̝͑̓.̶͓̱̂̐

My shortest chapter ever and because I like teasing you guys ;)))

See you soon in the next chapter(?)

×---×---×---×---×

Randy's POV

This is it. This is the end for me.

"Any last words?" (Y/n) stops in front of me while she's probably raising the Ninja's sword, aiming at none other than me.

I sigh, not even giving one last glance at her glitching figure because it only reminds me of how I've failed at everything. I didn't even had the time to think when suddenly, the words just came out of my mouth, "I'm sorry for everything and I'm sorry that it had to happen to you."

In that moment as I close my eyes with defeat, I felt a sharp pain rise on my chest; I struggle and gasp to breathe but little oxygen came and I noticed it's decreasing every second. My eyes shot open and I desperately try to remove the logged sword as I've never expected being stabbed is a complete torture while disregarding the fact that my hands are now horrifyingly covered with bleeding cuts from the sword; then, they both just went numb and limb as they now lay on the floor. I panic as I lost the control to lift any of my limbs, even a finger or a twitch. My crimson shirt begins to rapidly change into a darker shade as I realize it's my blood soaking it.

How ironic, the hero dies and it's caused by his own weapons.

Just when I had accepted a slow and painful death, the sword in my chest is now hastily pulled out causing another wave of pain to crash on me. I was still desperate for air, but none came again as I let out struggling groans; as my vision starts to blur and shake.

Despite the aching pain eating my every being, I felt my limb body now dragged off and lifted up against the shattered window with a perfect view of Norrisville in chaos.

"You know why I froze all those people? Well, now you're going to see why and it's going to be the last thing you'll ever see." I heard her say while I imagine a wicked grin plastered across her face.

I tried to focus and see what she meant but that's when my sapphire eyes widen with fear as I see innocent glitching people were swallowed by blazing waves of emerald fire and as it passed by; one by one, they all turned into vicious stanked monsters.

The Sorcerer was waiting for the perfect moment all this time. (Y/n) froze these people in their fearful state so that everyone could be turned into the monsters all at the sane time; and it'll all be enough to set himself free.

And I let him succeed by doing.. nothing.

What have I done..?

Having no choice but to stare in horror, I observed some monsters were familiar, while others were new to me. They scatter all around the town; clawing upon buildings, throwing cars, and fighting one another. Much to my horror, my eyelids start to get heavy as I fight the will to be alive because, at least for me, every second counts; however it's getting hard to keep hold of yourself when you feel lost... and defeated.

I feel my shoulders slump and my head unwillingly hung with one last thought in my head, I was never a hero in the first place.

I see my worn-out Mckicks helpessly dangling off at the height of building, and I know she's going to let go.

"This is goodbye." A soft voice whispers behind my ear as now my body is forced to face someone I used to know, but my dull gaze changes to shock as I laid my eyes on (Y/n). Instead of her ominious glitching self, green smoke now engulfs her like a wild fire.

Is she trying... to force out the stank?!

Or is it sensing a more powerful emotion than hers?

I said her name one last time as I reach out to her and in slow seconds, the emerald smoke clears way, revealing (Y/n)'s face once more and her expression just compels me to do something, anything. She stares at me with disbelief yet terrified (e/c) eyes as tears stream down on her cheeks.

I swallow the pain as I try to say a phrase that would most definitely be a lie, but all I did is choke over the words and it came out quite shaky, "It's.. okay."

I muster up any remaining strength I had to give her.. one last smile.

With a simple release of her shaking hand that I've wanted to hold for so long, gravity takes place as it pulls me down to the ground.

My body rapidly drops through the air as I screamed at the top of my lungs and desperately try to move any limb to reach the mask in my back pocket. However, I couldn't do any of that; it's too late for me.

Even if I did put on the mask and battled (Y/n), it still wouldn't be enough to stop these people from turning into monsters.

The only thing left for me to do now is to close my eyes, and let darkness succumb to my entire pitiful existence.

It wasn't intentional, but I open my eyes once more to see the gloomy sky.

My breathing hitched and my eyes stare in terror as I saw green smoke from above and it quickly rage towards my direction, ready to devour me.

As depressing as it sounds, death would be more appealing than turning into a mindless beast breed for anger and.. revenge.