.̶ ̷A̴ ̶R̴e̴s̶c̵u̵e̷ ̶A̸t̶t̴e̴m̷p̷t̵ ̸.̷

Randy's POV

Right.

Left.

Another, right.

This floor isn't as heavily gaurded as I remembered from last time and this just fills my ninja radar with all kinds of warnings. Even though there weren't any robo-apes wandering around, I didn't take the chance and tried my best to hide amongst the shadows.

I don't know how long I've been here, in the Mcfist tower, but as I glance at a window nearby, I see that it's still dark out. So maybe, not that long since the sun hasn't come out yet? But if ever the sun does come out, and it will, I hope that I'll have (Y/n) in my arms and has successfully escaped this dreadful tower.

Anyway, I'm going through the floor where I've last seen her. I peeked through the corner, scanning for robo-apes and then glance over to one certain observation room. My eyes shot open as I saw the back of a robo-ape with arms stretched towards a figure trying to get away.

And that figure was (Y/n).

I made no hesitation on kicking the door down, (but it was still intact) ready to destroy the robo-ape with my bare hands. But as soon as I step inside the room, both (Y/n) and the robo-ape fade out, like a hologram. I frooze for a second, processing what just happened and before I knew it, the door shuts itself, along with a metal door that appeared out of nowhere.

I sigh loudly as I realize that I've once again fell for a trap.

I cursed myself for this. I should be smarter than this. The Ninja should be smarter then this.

"Hello, Ninja,"

A familiar voice reverberates the room as my jaw ticks, because it's no other than Mcfist, "In case you didn't notice, she isn't there."

Of course they put her somewhere else. It would be too easy for me to just leave this place if I easily found her.

A monitor drops from above the ceiling revealing the owner of this building, grining from ear to ear. My hands turn into fists as my entire body stiffens with anger, "Where is she?"

Mcfist just laughs carelessly, "Oh? Did you mean the alien? Viceroy!"

In a second, the monitor shows Viceroy who has a tight grip on (Y/n)'s arm who has her head hung low, but as soon as I yelled her name, and she lifts her head up. Her tired eyes stares straight through the monitor, but lit up with recognition, "Ninja?"

Mcfist jumps back into the monitor, "You'll never find her, because you know why? I'll never tell you the-"

(Y/n)'s voice cuts his, "We're in the top floor!" She shouts with everything she has left. I felt relief wash over as I mentally thanked her. She just spared me from looking all through the floors. I also took a mental note to take her somewhere nice after this as an apology. I hope she forgives me for what I've done.

Mcfist panics and denies whatever she said then attempts to cover it up by being the bad guy he is, but now, I quickly cut his monologue, not wanting to hear another word from him, "Listen here, I'll be there in a second, and when I do, you better not hurt her any further or else, you'll get this..."

I punched the camera of the monitor then the screen as if it was his own face for a very dramatic effect on the other side. I bet he's scared out of his mind right now.

- * - *

Viceory's POV

"Where is he?! I can't see him anywhere, Viceroy!" Hannibal panics as he keeps on flicking through the screens in search of the infuriated Ninja. In all honesty, he did ruffle us with that last bit of his reply.
(Y/n) or whatever she is, means a great deal to him or maybe he's just doing this out of heroism, but we'll see soon enough.