. Keep Me Awake .

---Randy's POV---

"C'mon," I motion for (Y/n) to hurry, "Just one more stair case."

Teresa turned just earlier when she stress eats a packet of Mcfizzles. I could've stopped her but it was too late. I found the two arguing about where to go and I was looking forward to hear what (Y/n)'s answer was but, she didn't answer.

I look behind, expecting her to be right behind me but she isn't. I panic and quickly went down the stairs. A few stairs down I freeze at the sight that made my breathing stop for a second. I see (Y/n) sitting on the floor, her legs spread out with her her back against the wall, desperate for oxygen to get in her lungs while her eyes close shut.

Shoot. Why didn't I bother to look back?!

But that isn't the only thing that horrified me. The fact that the sea of zombies are surrounding her made my instincts kick in to leap and save her.

One already got to her but before he could shove down a handful of Mcfizzles into her mouth,

"Ninja chop!" I said as my hand chops the zombie's hand away from, making it drop it's candy on the floor. While the zombie tries to pick up the candy, I pull up (Y/n), got her arm over my shoulder as I slid my arm around her waist. As soon as I know she could hold on and see the zombies nearing,

"Ninja jump!" I jump from the floor and then landed a few steps ahead of the sea of zombies then announce to use my ninja scarf to hoist us to the very top.

I quickly glance at (Y/n) who clearly looks drained, like she just ran on a marathon. I gently landed at the top of the stairs where a door stands in front of us, probably leading to the top balcony. I could feel her weight resting against mine, not able to even stand for herself.

I guess running from a town of zombies is very tiring, and I guess she did run a marathon. I've always thought that aliens couldn't get tired and here I am, standing corrected. She was so close to me, I could feel her heart beat thumping out of her chest. She still has her eyes tightly shut, her grip on me suddenly tightens.

The sudden grip concerns me. I need to check on her even though she clearly isn't doing alright."(Y/n)?"

She didn't reply. Well, she couldn't and she probably knows this as well since she still breathes irregularly. So, she a made thumbs up from her hand, reassuring me that she's alright, but the sight of that made me feel the opposite.

"Just breathe, (Y/n)," I gently said, enough care to be visible from my voice.

As I bust the door open, I overlook the stairs from below and see the zombies slowly coming up and towards us. I have to close the door quickly.

"(Y/n), I need you to stand for a second alright?"

She nodded, her eyes open up and I feel quite relief to see her (e/c) eyes looking up to mine.

"Ninja Door Jam!" I jam the door with a door stopper after I closed it and within seconds, the zombies from the other starts to knock down the door.

I took a step back, thinking that this should buy us time. Also, enough to think of how can I turn these mindless candy eating zombies.

Think, Randy!

My train of thought stops when suddenly I hear a thud behind me. Out of reflex, I quickly turn around with my hand ready to bring out my ninja nun-chunks and ready to knock out some zombies but to my surprise, it was only (Y/n), now collapsed to the ground.

I quickly go to her side, lifting her head from the cement, and rest it against my knees. "(Y/n)!"

Her loud breathing is only the response she could give. Her eyes, opening and closing from time to time. This isn't good. She needs to be in a hospital, if aliens are even compatible with our medicines.