Mehandi //🥀

Shubman's viewpoint :

"So what's your love story with Anushree?" One of my acquaintances questioned me in the mehandi ceremony.

"She's my childhood friend and we love each other since then." I lied with a fake smile on my face.

Its really so annoying to keep lying and pretending in front of every person that Anushree and I share a strong bond of love.

The worst feeling I get is when someone teases me with her name and I have to keep acting like everything is normal.

"Shubman." I heard Shahneel di's voice and felt her pat my shoulder.

"Excuse me." I said to my friend and excused myself.

"Anu ke haath mein mehandi lagi hai, use khaana khila de." Di instructed me.

"I'm not doing all this." I replied while rolling my eyes.

"Aise mat kar Shub, usne abhi tak kuch nahi khaaya. Please." She requested again.

"Toh bhooki rahe, I don't care." I mumbled with a straight face and walked away.

Why does everyone always have to involve me in every matter? The more I try staying away from Anushree, the more I have to face her.

She makes me feel like a caged bird. Everytime I see her, I'm reminded of the chain she is to me, which has tied me up.

I'm burdened with responsibilities of marriage at this age itself and it isn't even a happy one. Its a nightmare that I want to rid off with all my heart.

This marriage with Anushree is really sickening and she's entirely responsible for ruining my life. I can't stop hating her.

Anushree's viewpoint :

"Theek se khilao na Ishan." Samikhya whined, making a slight giggle escape my lips.

They're really so cute, I love them together.

Ishan is making Samikhya have her lunch right now since she has mehandi applied on both her hands.

Abhishek is making Riya eat and Kamlesh is feeding Ashwati her lunch.

"Mujhe yeh sab khaana khilaane mein experience nahi hai. Main cricketer hu, babysitter nahi." Ishan giggled in response.

"Huh, I'm not a baby." Samikhya huffed.

"You are, to me." Ishan winked at her and Abhishek rolled his eyes at the flirt, jokingly.

"Main rice aur le aaun?" Kamlesh questioned Ash.

"Nahi Kamlesh, maine bohat khaa liya." She refused.

"Woh bohat kam tha, thoda aur khaalo." Kamlesh insisted and made the waiter serve some more food in the platter.

Honestly, I feel like Kamlesh has a thing for Ash. He's always so caring and protective towards her. His behavior doesn't seem like the relationship they share is just limited to friendship.

"Anushree, why aren't you eating? Where's Shubman?" Riya questioned me after Abhay made her drink some water.

"I'm not hungry.." I lied with a nervous smile.

I don't think Shubman will come to feed me. There's no point of waiting for him and just giving myself false hopes.

"Boys ab tumlog bhi lunch karlo." Riya told them and they nodded in response.

After making the girls eat, they disposed the plates in the trash can and left.

"Tumhari mehandi bohat pyaari lag rahi hai." Ash complimented me after a few minutes.