Chapter 12 (contd): Missing Monkey- Part 2

I wait outside of The Krusty Show building for Bob to arrive. It's a huge studio, so big it's like a movie set. I'm sitting outside the doors on the cold, concrete steps, waiting anxiously.

The fact that Bob knows where Mr. Teeny could be has washed away any nerves I felt. The fact that we're going to see each other a day before our date is... very nerve-racking. Will it be awkward? What if we don't find Mr. Teeny?!

I breathe into the imaginary paper bag in my hand. (Oh no, why are my hands shaking? Ugh! I'm such a freak! Stop being nerv-)

In the distance of the studio parking lot, I see a blue car pulling up and parking. I can see a bushel of red hair in the window. It's definitely Bob.

I jump up and run toward the parking lot since I'm so far away.

Bob comes out, steps onto the ground with his large feet and shuts the car door.

"Bob! Hey!" I realize how silly I must look running toward him and slow my pace down to a walk. (Why am I such a dork?)

He smiles and walks toward me. We're now in front of each other. I feel like I haven't seen him in days.

"...Um, hi-"

"Hi!" I say as he speaks.

"Oh, sorry." We say, simultaneously. I begin to nervously laugh as he does.

"Um... Oh! Thank god you're here. I had no idea what I was going to - I mean, he just ran off and I thought my life was over. I actually cant believe that this is happening. I mean, he attacked me so of course I ran, BUT I WAS ONLY GONE FOR A SECON... Oh, never mind. We should hurry- the longer we wait that farther he'll ge-"

"Ahem..." He says, clearing his throat. I stop talking and look up at him. He spreads his long arms out with a relaxed smile.

(Oh...! Wow, I'm stupid.)

"Oh... Sorry." I say, practically falling into his arms. "Thank you for coming."

"Oh hush now, of course I came." I look up as he kisses my head. He presses our foreheads together and our eyes immediately lock onto each others.

We both smile as he pulls me closer.

He brushes his fingers down my cheek, which makes me blush just a bit.

"You're not crying anymore?"

"Heh, nope. I'm much better now, thanks to you."

I pull out of the hug, not because I want to, but because we should be leaving, like, now.

We begin waking to his car. It's a bit awkward since neither of us are talking.

I feel like I should hold his hand. After all, we are kind of together. Holding hands is what couples do. I should just hold it. (Just do it! Come on, 3... 2... 1!)

I hold my breath, squeeze my eyes shut and grab his swinging hand. He looks down at me. I look up to see his smile. He squeezes my hand and tangles our fingers together. I giggle happily.

Our hands (I can't believe I'm going to say this) fit together perfectly. It sounds cheesy, but it's true.

"Well, I'm glad. Hearing you cry broke my heart."

"Oh, well, I'm sorry... Forgive me?"

He sighs.

"I am sorry, but it will take me an awful long time to get over what you have done to me."

I laugh loudly into my hands, roll my eyes, then slap his arm gently.

"Please. shut up... [idiot]."

"I do beg your pardon...?"

I take my hand out of his grip and cover my mouth.

"Nothing..."

"(Y/n)..." He says, walking over toward me.

I feel my back hit the car door.

"You do realize that I certainly cannot allow an insult to go without punishment..."

(Oh god. Not now?)

"Baby, I'm sorry, but we don't have time for this-" Bob grabs my shoulders and presses himself against me.

"I'm sorry, darling. I hate doing this you, but you brought this on upon yourself."

"Dude, not no-" He silences me with his lips, but I've already given up. I place my hands on his waist.

"Bob-mh- we have to-mm- leave..." I (try to) tell Bob, mid-kiss. When I feel him lick my bottom lip, I almost let him win. I resist, open my eyes and try to push him away.

He opens his eyes, rolls them, and finally pulls his lips off of mine.

"Ugh, fine..." He groans, opening the car door for me.

"Thank you." I say, pulling his face in for a cheek kiss.

"Shut up."

My eyes widen and he steps into the drivers seat.

"Whoa. I've never heard you say that before." I hear him grumble. What's wrong... Did I do something?

"Well, you don't understand what it's like to stop kissing you."

I pause as he starts the car, staring straight ahead. My heart drops.

(Is he really angry? Oh man, I'm such an idiot.)

When he realizes that I've been staring at him, he looks over...

...and smiles. (Thank god...)

"I'm sorry." I tell him. "It's just... Something could happen to Mr. Teeny... and Krusty could come back at anytime and..."

"(Y/n), calm down. I was only joking."

"No you weren't." I tell him. He tilts his head knowingly.

"You came out all the here just to help me. You deserve more kisses."

"Yes, I do."

I laugh.

"And I promise you will get more. AFTER, we find that stupid monkey."

"Okay. I will be holding you to that promise." He tells me, placing his hand on my bare knee.

I don't react externally, but on the inside, I'm screaming. I stop breathing and feel my heart pounding in my chest.

I love this feeling.

***

COMMENT, FANGIRL, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT ^^