Chapter 12, Part 3: Distractions

"Did you walk here?" Bob asks me. He's driving with one hand, his other hand holding mine.

"Yeah...?" I respond, confused. I've been walking for such a long time, it's become normal.

"You have got to get your car back," he tells me, squeezing my hand. I smile when he does that, but I also groan in anger.

"Wow, I can't believe I forgot about that."

"Did you ever go to the police?" I look at him and frown slightly.

"What do you think?"

"... I'm guessing they never found it...?"

"No! They were too busy with a missing cat. Can you believe that?"

"Actually, I can. The retched police system we have couldn't catch a criminal if they walked right into the police station and announced themselves."

I giggle. "I guess that explains why you're here, hm?"

He laughs and looks down at me.

"Mm, you could say that."

I look down at my legs, thinking whether or not to ask him a question.

"Um..."

"Yes?"

"Um, well... I was just curious... What is prison like...?"

I felt his grip loosen. I do a sort of small anime-type gasp and look up to his eyes.

He's staring quietly out the window, in thought. Then he smiles a bit.

"Well, I wouldn't recommend it. Especially for someone like you."

I laugh loudly.

"Why me? I'm not as weak as you might think."

"No it's not that, it's just... Angels don't belong in jail."

I can't help gasping quietly. I quickly turn to the window and stare out, disguising my blush.

"Come on... D-don't... I, uh, asked what prison is like..."

"Ah yes. Well, I was aloud a pen and some paper so I would write for hours."

"Oh." I feel so bad for him.

He looks at me.

"They're quite good, the writings, I must say." This makes me giggle, which was probably his goal, I'm guessing.

"I wasn't treated very well by the gentlemen there. Apparently, committing "attempted" murder is the tantamount being the school "nerd"."

"Awww, poor baby."

"Yes. It's boring as hell. We're only released for one hour a day."

"Aw..."

"Plus, there were no women around which made days extremely unpleasant."

I laugh even louder. I cover my mouth to muffle the noise as tears began to form.

"You poor thing, that must of been torture." He chuckles.

"Yeah, that's one of the reasons I treasure you so much."

"...Oh... Thanks... I had no idea I-"

"We're here." He interrupts me.

"Oh! Where are..."

Bob pulled the car into a parking space. We were at a zoo.

(A zoo? This would've been the last place I would have looked. I figured he'd be roaming the streets.)