Chapter 2: Meeting The Simpsons

The next day, I went out to look for a job.

Walking around Springfield in the morning is such an interesting experience. A thin, brown dog runs past me with a pair of large blue pants. Five seconds later, and angry, large waisted, bald man follows, his fist waving in the air.

I look for a place to get some breakfast. I have a choice between a fast-food restaurant called Krusty Burger and a Convenience store called Kwik-E-Mart.

I try Krusty Burger first. Everyone looks up as I enter. I feel a little embarrassed. I guess being new to town is kind of rare around here, everyone seems to know each other.

There isn't a line, so I step up to the ordering counter.

"Hello! Welcome to Krusty Burger! How many I help you?!" I try to keep from laughing as the scrawny, dorky teenager speaks in that funny puberty voice.

"Ummm..."

I look at my options. "Grease Fries", " Greasier Fries", "The Clogger". Ew! Why would anyone eat here? I sense that a line has formed behind me. I turn and see a family of five and a dog. (A dog?!).

There's the man I saw earlier-he still has no pants on!- a woman with a beautiful tower of blue curls holding the CUTEST LITTLE BABY who is sucking on a pacifier, a cute little girl with spiky blond hair who is wearing an orange dress and a cute little boy with spiky blond hair who is wearing an orange shirt and blue shorts.

"Oh, you can go ahead of me, I'm still thinking."

The blue haired woman smiles at me.

"Oh, thank you." (Wow, does everyone have a strange voice?)

The move in front of me. As the husband orders the orders of cloggers for himself, the wife turns to me.

"You know, I don't think you're from around here."

"Heh, you're right. I'm (y/n) (l/n)"

"I'm Marge Simpson. This is my daughter Maggie."

"SHE IS THE CUTEST LITTLE THING!"

I cautiously touch her small nose. She giggles and sucks on her pacifier twice. SO CUTE!

"That's my husband, Homer. This is my other daughter, Lisa and my son Bart," She tells me, pushing the two in front of me.

"Hiya, lady." Bart greets me, spitting on his hand and holding it out for me.

"Bart!" Marge screams, angrily.

I smile. I reach out and shake it, showing him that I'm not afraid of a little spit.

"It's nice to meet you, Bart."

He gives me a confused look, but smiles.

"Hm. You're not so bad, I guess."

I smile and turn my attention to Lisa. I reach out my other hand to shake hers.

"It's nice to meet you (y/n). I'm sorry for my brother."

"Ha, don't be. He's my type of kid."

"Guys! I got the food! Lets go!" Homer says, holding grease filled bags.

"Mmmm, actually Homer, I think we should eat here, with this nice young lady."

But Homers already eating.

"What?! Whyyyy?!" He whines.

We walk to an empty booth and sit down. This is so nice. As I see the family stuffing their faces, my stomach growls. Bart begins to laugh.

"Hahaha! Lady, I think your baby's angry."

Marge glares at hims and pinches his ear. But I just laugh. When they see me laughing, the stop being angry at Bart.

"So, Miss (l/n), how long have you been living in Springfield?" Lisa asks.

"Actually, I just moved here yesterday."

"Really? And how has it been so far?"

"Ha... Well, my car was stolen... So ill have to walk everywhere for a while."

"Oh my gosh, that's terrible!" Marge exclaims.

"Haha. Yeah it sucks."

"...Then why are you smiling?" Bart asks me.

I blush as I come out of a trance. Oops! Was I just thinking about Bob? Why? And why now?

"Huh? Oh, nothing. I mean, no reason."

Marge gasps.

"I know that smile! It's the smile I had on my face the night after I met Homie!... Sweetie, have you... Met someone?"

Now, everyone is staring at me.

"Whoa-ho! Are you guys doing it or what?" Bart asks, which makes me blush even more. He is far too young to know what that means!

"Bart! Why you little...!" Homer shouts, reaching for his neck. I gasp loudly. He immediately stops and pinches his ear instead. "You...! Shouldn't ask...! Nice people....! About...! Whether or not...! there doing it or not! This...! Is why we...! Have no friends!" Once Homer stops, they turn back to me.

"What? Oh no, I don't..." I blush even more. (Crap! I'm caught!)

"Well, who is it? Maybe it's someone we know." Lisa asks eagerly.

"If it is, we can tell you whether he is a good choice or not."

"... *sigh* okay, yes, I did meet someone... But we're not going out or anything."

They continue to stare at me.

"Well, he said his name was - OH MY GOD!!!" I get up and grab my purse. "I'm so sorry but I have to go. I still have to look for a job. I'm so sorry to have to ditch you like this."

Marge stands up. "Oh, don't worry! Hey I have an idea. How about you come over sometime this week for dinner."

"Oh that sounds awesome!" We exchange numbers and I run off.

Now... Where can I work?