Chapter 26: Party Invite Part 2

I know that my abscence can't really be forgiven and I am so sorry for the readers who have abandoned the story because of the lack of updates.

I finished High School about a month ago and let me tell you, it was not easy.

I was working on stuff I was behind in day and night. Not even my study halls were free.

Unfortunately, that made me lose touch with the story I love so much.

But you know what, it was worth it. I graduated with honors and i am very proud of myself.

At the same time, I am very sorry *bows deeply*.

(ALSO, I was on a 3 week trip with my class RIGHT AFTER GRADUATION, in another country and wifi was hard to come by)

Here is the next part and I am working on the next chapter RIGHT NOW.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

***
"Mmmmm!! This is delicious!" Lisa cries out unapologetically as she chews her portabella mushroom burger. "This is incredible! Mom, did you make this?"

"Well no, I just handled the pasta and desserts," Marge answers. I look up. "(Y/n) was the one who handled the-"

"No no, Marge was the one who started everything. I just came in to help." I interject. "We both fixed dinner."

"Well I have to say, Marge and Miss (Y/n), this food is dedili-delicious!"

"Thank you miss (Y/n)!" Ned's boys say in unison.

"It feels as if my taste buds have taken a ride to heaven." Comic Book Guy exclaims.

"I was just about to say that." Rev. Lovejoy replies.

"I, eh, haven't had a meal like this since... never!" Moe begins to cry, causing Barney to pat his back.

"Um, thank you everyone for the kind words." I tell the attendees. "Really, we are both glad you are enjoying the food."

Soon, compliments and words of gratitude are rapidly fired at Marge and I. It feels nice. During this, I suddenly toon into a conversation between Homer's friends, Carl and Lenny.

"Hey Lenny, could I try a piece of your steak?" Carl asks. "It looks good."

"Sure, only if I can try a piece of your chicken.

They both put a piece of food onto their forks and feed each other. I blush and smile.

"(Aw, how cute. I wonder if they are together...)" I whisper.

Suddenly, I think about Bob.

(I really wish he were here...)

I gasp loudly, calling attention to myself. I get a bad feeling in my stomach. That feeling you get when you have forgotten something.

(Wait... why do I get the feeling that something is wrong...?)

"(Y/n)? Are you okay?" Marge asks, concerned.

(I shouldn't be here... I should be with Bob, but why?)

Then, the thought strikes me.

I whip my head around, looking for a clock. Any clock. I then jump up out of my chair l and run into the kitchen. I don't even hear the guests calling me name. Or rather, I don't care.

I jump in front of the mivrowave and see the time. 10:45pm.

I stare at it, hoping that it will change to 7:00pm or even 8:00pm.

I missed it. I promised Bob that I would come to dinner at his house tonight ...

(HOW COULD I FORGET SOMETHING SO IMPORTANT?!)

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I feel a if I had come out of a trance. I can tell it's Marge just by the feel of her soft, gentle touch.

"(Y/n), are you all right?'

I turn to her in tears.

"I... I forgot something really important... a-and, I have to go. I'm so sorry..."

"Oh sweetie. It's okay" she pulls me into a hug. I lay my head into her shoulder and try to calm down.

"If you need to go, that's fine but, is there anything I can do to help? Are you in trouble?"

I look at her and shake me head.

"No, nothing like that... just... I think I have really hurt someone I ... l-love."

She smiles and strokes my head.

"Well, I know you have to go, but let me say something first." I focus on her words. "If this person cares about you, they will love you no matter what mistakes you make."

I take her words to heart and nod.

"Now, go grab your things and I'll start the car."

"Okay. Than- wait... car?"

"Of course. You can't walk all the way home in your state."

"Um... er, okay. Thank you."

***

"Bye everyone!" I say with a fake smile on my face. They smile and say their goodbyes as well, but I can tell that they are concerned about me.

I feel embarrassed.

As I walk away, I feel something on my leg.

"Bart!" Marge exclaims.

I look down and see Bart attached to me calf.

"Come on man, tell us what happened!" Bart orders.

My face drops, but I smile again.

He climbs off my leg and stands in front of me. I look at him and say, "I'll be back tommorrow okay. I just have something to do right now."

I rub his blonde hair as a final goodbye.

***

"Um, turn here please... Oh, it's the building right here!"

Marge stops in front of the Apartment complex.

"Thank you so much Marge! I promise, I will explain everything later."

"Oh, it's all right." she says.

I jump out of the car, wait for Marge to drive off, and run inside the front doors.