Chapter 6: I Promise...

●Tuesday: Babysit Apu's kids (CHECK)

●Wednesday: look for babysitting jobs

●Thursday: buy something for the dinner tommorrow

●Friday: Dinner with the Simpsons

Today is Wednesday so I was on the hunt for more jobs. I got up early to go to the church. Apparently, the schools were out for Duff Day and the church was having a special service about the "evils of alcohol".

I figured going to the church would be an easy way to meet the whole town. Okay, so I didn't sit through the entire sermon (boring!), but I did talk to a lot of people during the Church Lunch. Cookies, drinks and sandwiches were handed out so that the church goers wouldn't leave the church bored.

[I'm just making this up. I don't what goes on in Church ^^)

I got a few jobs from Ned Flanders and Dr. Hibbert for next week. I even got a few... Unusual requests. Krusty wants me to babysit his monkey, some workers at the retirement home said they would pay me ANYTHING to "babysit" the old folks over there, and Mr. Burns asked me to take care of his hounds... I accepted theses jobs.

But... I've never touched a monkey before, worked with old people or had a dog... Yikes, these jobs were going to be very difficult.

I thought I would see the Simpsons there, but I didn't, which I found odd. I also did not see Bob there either.

***

Today, Friday, was the dinner with the Simpsons. It's at 6:00pm so I'll have to leave soon.

I'm wearing a black sweater and a long, elegant, emerald green tank top over a pair of skinny, tan pants. I'm also wearing a pair of white leg warmers, polka dot socks and thick heeled, tan leather boots.

I walk out and again, knock on Bobs door. When he doesn't answer, I leave another note, like I've been doing these last few days, and leave to dinner.

I arrive to the address Marge had texted me. I'm not sure which house it is exactly.

"Oh man... This is just great." I go over to a random house and knock on the door.

It opens and there stands Ned.

"Oh, hi-dee-oh, (y/n)."

"*^^*Heh, Hi, Ned."

"What can I diddly do for you?"

"Um, I'm supposed to meet the Simpsons for dinner, but I can't find their house."

"Ah! Why their my neighbor-inos. They live next door." Ned tells me, pointing his thumb in the direction of their house.

"Oh! Thank you Ned ^^"

***

"Thank you so much Marge. I miss having a home cooked meal." On the table was baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and biscuits. It was nice to not eat burritos for a change.

She had the most adorable laugh.

"Oh, you're too sweet."

I bite into the chicken, swallow the mashed potatoes and chewed the buttery biscuits, as if it were my last meal. When I look up, I see the family staring at me.

"Um... Sorry. I, uh, have been living on nothing Apu's burritos for the past week." We all laugh.

"So... Uh..." I giggle because Homer has forgotten my name.

"Don't worry, it's (y/n)."

"Right. Um, why would you decide to babysit the towns children? Have you seen them?! Their all nightmares!"