Chapter 10: Suspicious Behavior

It's Monday night. I knock on Ned Flanders door. Today, I'm babysitting his kids. I'm a bit nervous, but its only because they are the second family I'm babysitting for.

"Oh! Hey-diddly-ho (y/n)-eeno."

Ned lets me in and introduces me to Rod and Todd. They seem like the most harmless little angels. Of course, that's how all children act around new adults. I know from experience that once the parents are gone, the children become little devils.

Then, Ned, his wife Enda (In this fanfic, she is still alive. RIP) and I sit down to get to know each other. They are such a kind couple. They both give me lists and advice on how to take care of the kids.

"... And don't give them sugar," Ned tells me.

"Well Ned, they're kids. (Y/n) they can have a small amount sugar."

"Um, Enda sweetie, I hate to argue with you-"

"Oh, are we arguing?"

They continue to have the most pleasant and calm argument. After they agree on absolutely nothing, Ned smiles at her, grabs her hand and the walk to the car to go to dinner.

"Have fun, you two! But not too much fun!" I cry out to them. Ned blushes and Enda laughs, "Ha!" Ned starts ups the car and pulls out onto the street.

I look down at Rod and Todd. They stand in front of me with their hands in front of them. It's almost a bit shocking.

"So, are you two sleepy or...?"

"No ma'am." Rod says.

"Uh... Well, what do you wanna do? Hey, how about you watch TV while I make some cookies along with dinner?"

"Daddy says sugar is that powder of the devil that leads children to the opposite of Heaven." Rod replies.

"What? Oh right.

"And we aren't allowed to watch TV without Daddy and New Mommy in the room with us.

"Wait, what?"

Seriously? Well, I can't judge their religion or the way their parents raised them. I smile at them and pat their heads.

"You guys are good boys. So, what DO you boys want to do?"

"Well, I'm kind of hungry," Rod says.

"Can we have dinner while you read us Bible stories."

"Sure, boys.

The boys are perfect. They were almost too well behaved. It's kind of boring not having them running around or being noisy.

As dinner is finished, macaroni and cheese and chicken, I call the boys over, I go to grab a Bible.

There are actually more than one Bible. Baby Bibles, "Bible for Him", "Bible for Her", "Bible For Those Teenage Years". Wow, strange. I grab a Bible I presume to be the original and turn to go to the kitchen. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a face.

I look out of the window and see a yellow, spiky blond-haired face. Bart? He runs away and disappears. Why would Bart be spying on me? I said I wouldn't talk to Bob anymore (so what if I'm doing the exact opposite?) so why is he...?

I go back to the kitchen. I pull the mac 'n' cheese and the chicken from the oven and call the boys down. They eat as I read their favorite Bible chapter.

"It's called a "book"." Rod tells me, his mouth full.

"Not a chapter!" Todd echos. I roll my eyes, laugh and continue reading, amazed that they can follow the story.