Chapter 28: Hints and Clues

I can feel my heart racing. As time goes by, I start to worry less and less.

Even if he does know, who's going to listen to a child? I can always deny it so it doesn't even matter.

Marge apologizes over and ocer again for Bart's behavior, but I am too shocked to care. I tell her that it wasnt a big deal.

Homer returns home and surprises Marge by telling her that he is talkng her out to dinner. Luckily I am already baby sitting so they have nothing to worry about.

"It's free of charge guys. Go have fun." Marge tries to object, but Homer pulls her while I push her out the door.

As I close and lock the door, Milhouse slowly comes down the stairs.

"U...uh... Miss (L/n)...?"

I still feel a bit angry, but it's more toward Bart than anyone else. And Bart's just a kid so I'm not that mad at him either.

"Yes Milhouse?" I respond calmly. "What's up?"

"Uh, I'm gonna be sleeping over here, is that okay with you?"

I turn toward him and nod.

"Only if you apologize." I tell him. "I know it wasn't your idea, but you shouldn't just go along with things just because someone says so, even he's your friend. Understand?"

He lowers his head.

"Yes. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you. Now please call your mom and ask permission."

"O-okay. Thanks!" He yells happily, running back upstairs. I smile at this and take my phone out of my pocket.

Me: Hey, I'll b home late

I wait for a response.

Bob: That's unfortunate.

Me: im sorry

Bob: Don't worry. I look forward to your return.

I smile and giggle silently.

Me: thx

(Time skip brought to you by Bob's beautiful hair *heart eyes*)

The clock strikes 7:00pm and I am starting to feel extremely sleepy. I let out a loud yawn.

The kids have been upstairs for hours so I have just been watching TV and checking in every hour.

Marge and Homer won't be home until 10pm. I'll never survive. All I need is a small nap, but babysitters can't sleep. I wouldn't want anything to happen to the kids. They are my responsibility.

I get up off the warm comfy couch and walk around to try and relieve my sleepiness.

"Hm... now that I'm up, I should go check on them."

I weakly walk up the stairs, clinging to the rail bar as to avoid falling. I first check on Maggie. She is awake, walking/falling and crawling around, playing with a toy train set and tracks.

She looks up at me and squeals excitedly. She stands to her feef, walks over, falls and continues to crawl. I squeal quietly.

(How cute!)

I pick her up and she clings to my shirt.

"Well, I guess you're coming woth me now then huh?" Maggie coos and I kiss her cheek.

Next is Lisa's room. I knock on the door and Lisa opens it.

"Hey Lis, you good?"

"Yeah I'm fine, just doing some homework."