Chapter 25: Inside Out References

It's like waking up on a cloud.

(Mmmmm. This bed is amazing... God, I don't wanna wake up yet!)

I'm still in half-asleep, half-awake mode as I clutch the fluffy comforter blanket in my hand.

I'm  too weak to roll over, but I'm feel way too comfortable to do so anyways.

Ever so slowly, I slip out of my amazing dream and into reality, proceeding to slide my arm across the soft, cool sheets. 

Wait... something's missing.

(Hey... where's Bob?)

I open my eyes and blink at the bright room lighting. I'm the only one in the bed.

This revelation brings out Sadness ("Inside Out" reference).

(Why isn't he here...)

Eventually, I sit up in the bed and stretch out my arms. The lights in the room are off, but the Sun light coming through the windows is more than enough to brighten the room. Normally, the sight of the morning Sun is the worst part of my day; but being here... in Bob's bed (*o*), in his room, knowing that he's my boyfriend and knowing that he's around here somewhere... the Sun couldn't appear more beautiful.

I slide out of the bed and stand to my feet continuing to stretch my arms out into the air.

(Oh, I gotta pee!)

I look around and try to remeber where the bathroom was. All of the apartments are set up in the same way, pretty much, so I find it immediately.

I reach for the door knob, but before I can even touch it, it swings open...
***

(OH SHIT, OH SHIT, OH SHIT, OH SHIT!!!)

Fear and Joy are running around my brain, trying to comprehend what the F*** just happened.

*Flashback*

I had reached for the door knob, but it had swung open before I could touch it.

Bob was coming out. It was a little awkward for a second, but it wasn't the worst thing ever.

That all changed as soon as my eyes adjusted.

He was standing in the doorway... wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.

In a split second, I realized what was happening. He had just taken a shower and was just coming out.

It seemed like a regular situation- everyone showers after all.

But in my mind, in this moment, this was the most terrifying situation ever.

Okay, my boyfriend is shirtless, towel-clad and dripping wet. What is the appropriate response to this situation?

Unfortunately, Fear took control. I froze in utter shock, smacked my hands over my eyes, screamed "SORRY!!!" and ran out of his apartment.

*Flashback over*

Now I am in my apartment, hiding in my closet, trying to figure out my next move.

(... God... I already knew he was hot but... Jesus Christ.)

(How long was I staring?! It felt like forever! I hope he didn't notice....)

(Oh my god, my heart is still racing.)

(OH MY GOD! He's never gonna let me live this moment down!)

The sudden knock at my closet door terrifies me.