Chapter 4: You make me blush

It takes almost an hour to return home. My shoulders and fingers hurt from carrying these bags. I walk inside the apartment.

(Oh no! I had forgotten about the 3 flights of stairs I would have to endure).

"Um... Willie?"

"Eh? what weell YU be wantin?"

"Um, I was wondering if you could help me carry my groceries."

I'm strong enough to carry my own things, thank you very much, but after an hour, my muscles have become sore, okay?!

"Weell, it depends? What weell YU be doin fer me in retourn?"

(Ugh, gross! No way!)

"Uh, nevermind."

"How about I take those off your hands." I gasp. It's was that voice. That dreamy voice I had fallen for. I haven't heard it since yesterday. I spin around. There he is, smiling happily. He's wearing a black turtle neck, dark jeans and black shoes. He looks so hot, I can even take it.

(.......... OH NO! IM STARING! Nonononono! Must... Stop... Now!).

"You know, staring is rude too, (y/n). My god, where did you learn your manners?"

I roll my eyes and hide my blush by turning to the stairs. As I proceed up them, I feel my load lighten. He grabs 4 out of the 6 bags in my possession, so my muscles feel relieved.

"Thank you." I murmur. He nods.

"Of course."

The stairway is very thin, so our arms keep touching as we go up. Each time they do, I smile uncontrollably to myself. We finally reach the 3rd floor. (That wasn't so bad). I look at him as soon as I'm sure my cheeks have cooled down.

"Thank you so much, Bob. That would have been awful if you hadn't come."

"Well, I couldn't leave a beautiful lady to have to struggle with such heavy bags."

I pause and stare at him. Then I slap his head. Hard!

"Ow!" He yelps quietly.

"Don't. You. Ever. Say. That. Again! Just because I'm a women, does NOT mean I'm weak. I could have carried those bags, despite my aching arms! Got it? I am not weak!"

He rubs his head and smiles, despite my glare.

"Clearly you are VERY strong. That really hurt." I suddenly regret what I did and touch his head. I rub it to try an ease the pain. He winces a bit.

"I'm sorry dude, I guess I probably shouldn't have hit you, but that's what you get for being sexist."

"Yes, I suppose. But you are mistaken- it certainly wasn't my intention to be sexist. You see, I was only trying to make you smile."

(...Awww, he was just being sweet. Now I feel even worse). I roll my eyes and stick out my tongue at him.

"Well... Whatever." I continue to rub his head with my hand. I also use this as an opportunity to feel his hair, which I am super addicted to. I feel myself smile. (Eeeeep! His hair is so cute.) As I continue rub his head, I notice that he's smiling at me. We make eye contact, so I quickly act as if we hadn't and look away.

"Having fun?" He asks, smirking at me. Oh man, I must have left my hand to linger a bit too long. I couldn't help it. I quickly remove my hand.

"What? Ugh, whatever, I've gotta go. Thanks again."

I take the bags from him and open the door to my room, I set the groceries on the floor and go to close the door. But I'm too late, as he begins to speak.