Chapter 28: One Month Later (Part 2)

I come out of the bathroom, pour the finished popcorn into a large bowl and head to the living room.

The movie we had chosen was Zootopia. It was really fun for both Milhouse and I. We finished the popcorn 30 minutes in so I had to make more.

Once it ended, I ran over to my phone, which was charging in the wall of the Kitchen. I check to see if there are any texts from Bob. There aren't any.

(Huh, I thought I heard my phone beep.). I then hear Milhouse talking, still in the living room.

"Oh, sure! I'll ask Miss (L/n)." I unplug my phone and walk back to the living room.

"You need something Milhouse?" I ask.

"Oh yeah, could I go over to Bart's house for a bit. Bart and I wanna hang out."

I think about this.

"Well, I have no problem with it, I mean he lives next door. Lemme just ask your mom first."

***

Milhouses mom was cool with letting Milhouse hang out with Bart as long as I was around.

Milhouse and I grabbed our things and walked out. I locked the front door and ran after an excited Milhouse. Bart was already at the open door, waiting for his friend.

As soon as I reach the door, I bump into Marge.

"Hi!" we both say, hugging each other.

"I'm so happy to see you. It's been a while." I tell her.

"I am too..." she says smiling. "...Um, is everything okay? With your problem."

"Oh..." I smile and nod. I walk inside and we walk over to the couch and sit down on the couch.

"So, are you goong to explain to me what happened?" Marge coaxes me.

I nod.

"Well, you see... I had made a promise to this guy, that we would have dinner." I explain, keeping my voice down. "... I tried to tell him, but he was really, not really angry but, disappointed. We didn't talk for hours and I was scared that it was over between us. But we talked and it was all okay."

She nods smiling and looks at me intentely.

"So, you really like him huh?" I sigh and grin. Then I snap back to reality.

"Oh, um, I mean..."

Bart's POV

Milhouse and me are at the top of stairs, trying to listen in on the conversation. I can't hear everything, but I hear enough to understand.

"Milhouse. You said she was acting weird lately?"

Milhouse says, "Yeah, she's been really distracted and forgetful lately. And she's always on her phone."

"Milhouse, that's ridiculous." Lisa says, coming out of nowhere. "You've just described every human under the age of 30. It's normal."

"Not for her." Milhouse says.

"What exactly are you two so worried about?" She whispers.

"Bart thinks she might be dating someone."

"Awww, does Bart-y have a crush on his baby-sitter~?"

"Shut up Lis! That's not it..." I tell her. "She could be dating Sideshow Bob again. I know it."

"Oh gosh, again with this Bart? I thought you were over that." Lisa says.

"You don't get it Lis. She's in trouble and I'm going to save her." I say. "Besides, you never believed me those other times. What makes this time different?"