0.23| '𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐤!'

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

      Her English lesson unfortunately passed by quicker than she expected

      Her English lesson unfortunately passed by quicker than she expected. Teagan thought she would have more time to herself to sulk in silence, but she unfortunately found herself walking to the pe equipment shed. The inevitability of her seeing James again was gut wrenching.

She dawdled slowly through the corridors, intentionally stopping to talk with whoever she could. Their weird looks were like water off a ducks back to Teagan. She didn't really care about how their exams were going, Christ she even stopped to talk to Jenny's sidekick Aisling, getting a full report on Jenny's day.

      Once Aisling left and the corridor cleared Teagan knew she couldn't delay it anymore, she pictured James waiting idle in the pe shed for her, waiting, wondering if she would actually show up. She couldn't blame him for the way she was feeling, but that didn't stop her taking all of the pent up anger out on him, and she hated herself for it. It wasn't James's fault, it was all hers.

Teagan weaved through the annoying crowd of first years taking up all of the field in their pe lesson. Barging into the ones who refused to move.
She gulped, feeling her heart grow heavy with every step towards the shed, the heavy metal door slightly held open an inch. She could see James already, slumped in the doorway, looking lost and confused.
Like always, Teagan felt the pull on her heart when they made, albeit awkward, eye contact. Poor James didn't know what to do with himself, trying and failing to play it cool, he fumbled as his arm slipped off the metal of the ridged door.

With one last gulp of acidic regret she held her head up high and marched towards him in heavy strides. Ignoring the way her boots squelched under the wet grass.
"Alright?" James asked, trying to diffuse the awkward tension in the air.
Teagen nodded stiffly, inching around James as if touching him would make her burst into flames. "Peachy" she replied.

He stopped in his tracks confused. "Yeah, so uhm, yeah, I started to tidying up the curly stick things" he muttered, scratching the back of his neck with one hand and pointing to the mess of battered hurley sticks on the ground. They had seen better days.
Even if James had started to clear up Teagan had no intention to. Locked in an enclosed space with James.... She's had this dream before, but it involved less sulking on her behalf. Although James was awkward in her dream and in real life.

       Teagan pushed herself on top of the athletic matts, the sort that they used for safety, but they felt like concrete. Twenty of them all stacked up against the wall, still felt way too hard to sit on, but she persisted. She didn't want to embarrass herself by climbing down. So she suffered. She couldn't help but think she deserved it after the way she treated James.
      He didn't deserve it. He didn't mean to make her snap, all he wanted to was help her. All James ever wanted to do was help. And she threw it back in his face every time .