0.28| 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐞

Teagan spent the next few hours passing the time by twiddling her thumbs during the tedious group activities they were forced into doing

Teagan spent the next few hours passing the time by twiddling her thumbs during the tedious group activities they were forced into doing. Even going head to head against James in tense thumb wars. After she beat him too many times he decided it wasn't helping his 'hard lad' image and just held her hand instead. Luckily, she had avoided sister Micheals watch and managed to stay with the girls.

       Not that it was any better than being pally pally with the other group of Protestants. Worse actually. Michelle was hyper focused on making it painfully obvious of her true intentions for this weekend, whilst Erin just awkwardly stood stiff as a board next to her assigned Protestant, who seemed to have a severe attitude problem.

      James, Orla, and Teagan all shared the same Protestant. She didn't bother to remember his name, despite it being right in front of her on his badge. Instead she pondered names for her wee new teddy, and tried her best to get on James's  ... nerves. Telling him the room number she was staying in, and informing him what time Jenny would force the others to go asleep.

Poor boy nearly swallowed his tongue. Orla practically pounced to perform the Heimlich manoeuvre on him. Sister Micheal just glared and told him to keep it down. James didn't say a thing after Teagan's suggestion and she marvelled in her ability to render him stoic.

        And, when nine-thirty rolled around she sat on her bed for the night idly waiting for a faint knock on the door.
   Yes, Jenny made them all go asleep before most granny's did. Teagan nearly threw herself out the window when Jenny announced their group Bible reading session before bed.

     The thought of spending time alone with James was the only thing keeping her from doing something to warrant her getting sent home.
   She sat with her legs crossed on top of the scratchy quilt and watched eagerly as the clock ticked down the seconds in the corner of the hideously decorated room.
The rickety metal bunk beds they were forced to sleep on creaked as she reached over to switch the song on her cassette player.

     Her bulky headphones carefully confiding her music from a very light sleeping Jenny, Teagan could hear her make the slightest move across the room as the cheap bed groaned.
   Her music of choice actually wasn't her choice at all. For her birthday James made her a mixtape of all the songs they both enjoyed, that reminded him of her, or just some of his favourite songs. Of course, the song they they listened to during their first kiss was number one on the list.

    She continued to sit and listen to the ticking of the clock, Jenny's earth shattering snoring, and to the music. Loosing both her hope and patience as the clock struck ten. She specifically told James half nine. To allow the others sharing her room to properly fall asleep, and for him to sneak away from the others undetected.