0.25| 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐦𝐰

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

    Summer in Derry fucked off as soon as it arrived

    Summer in Derry fucked off as soon as it arrived. The sun never visited their small town, and on a lucky day, even the rain wouldn't bother. But of course, just her luck, the sun decided to finally turn up just as Teagan was off on a trip to the middle of god knows where.

Her summer was going to end in a dingy old house on a stupid 'friends across the barricades' retreat that Erin roped them all into joining after she hated it on her own last year.
The main, and only selling point was the promise of fit boys, but two weeks later Teagan met James and suddenly fit Protestants Weren't high up on her list of priorities anymore.

But still, she couldn't flake on Erin, no matter how hard she tried to convince herself.

At least she enjoyed some aspects of her summer. Working weekends at 2nd time around was sometimes enjoyable, spending time with her family was occasionally descent, and hanging out with Michelle was more than fun. The two spent Countless nights going from random house party to random house party, even sometimes just making their own party in the park if they couldn't find any.

Teagan had a perfect schedule; wake up hungover at 12, go to Michelle's to watch tv if she hadn't already stayed over, spend time with James when Michelle was out the room, and finally leave Michelle's at 7:30, returning the next morning to do it all again.

On Sunday nights Michelle would meet her after work at the shop and they'd go straight to a party, although Teagan never remembered that part. Nor did she remember staggering up Michelle's stairs to her bedroom, but somehow making it to James's room instead. Her feet guided her towards his bedroom every-time without her brain even trying to.
The first time she drunkenly crawled under his covers and put her arms around him, he freaked out, waking up instantly and screaming. Thinking Teagan's small 5'3 frame was a potential murder.
She simply shushed him in her unconscious state and closed her eyes again.

Once James's heart finally stopped trying to leap out his chest on fall on the floor, his breathing soon followed suit and went back to normal, and immediately he checked to see if it actually was Teagan and not a serial killer who looked insanely like Teagan, of course it was her, who else would just climb into somebody's bed at — he squinted at his alarm — 4:49 in the morning.
Convinced Teagan wouldn't kill him unless he gave her a reason, he soon settled back into the crook of his pillow, wrapped up with Teagan's arms around him.

James was wrong to believe that nights event would be a one off. Every Sunday without fail Teagan groggily made her way into his room at precisely 4:49 am. It quickly became part of his routine.
Once Teagan Caught on to what she was subconsciously doing, she stopped drinking as much as she would of, and instead of instantly falling asleep the moment her head hit James's pillow they stayed up talking until the birds started to sing outside. When they finally fell asleep, huddled up together, with James's arms around her waist.