0.19| "𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝗼𝐰 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝗼𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝗼 𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐀 𝐬𝗼𝐧𝐠𝐬"

꧁ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ꧂

𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐍 should've know her day was about to go to shit when Clare was extra perky that morning in science

The small, yet bubbly, girl had cheerfully lent over on her rickety stool and offered to help Teagan out with the labelling of her anatomy work sheet.

When Teagan turned to decline Clare's out of the blue offer, she quickly caught a glimpse at her own work and saw that she had accidentally labelled the ovaries as being somewhere near the heart. Needless to say Teagan immediately agreed to the help.

It wasn't so out of character for the Devlin girl to be nice to her, The two of them usually got on without a problem.
But to Teagan's disturbance and surprise, Clare had seemingly made it her mission to be sickeningly sweet to her all day.
Teagan managed to endure the rest of Clare's never ending grinning towards her for the rest of the few classes they shared that morning.

It wasn't until she sat down at a table in the dining hall at dinner time did she finally realise what had caused Clare's newfound cheeriness for her best friend.
Erin hadn't seemed to notice the change in Clare's behaviour or she had but didn't mention it.

"What do you see in James?" Clare asked,
With her head resting on the palm of her hand and a confused frown on her face.

Teagan looked up at the pair and lowered her fork of pasta from her mouth.
"What?" She bluntly asked them, narrowing her eyes.

"James" Erin retorted with a huff, not even looking up from the piece of paper she was scribbling notes onto, "why do you fancy him?"

Teagan once again looked at them suspiciously but shrugged nevertheless.
She dropped her fork onto her plate and considered her answer.
"I guess it's because he makes me smile" she grinned, her mind drifting off to her — not officially named 'boyfriend',
who was sadly missing out on having lunch with them because he wanted to get a bit more studying in before his next history test.

"Smile? That's all?" Clare questioned and deeply frowned as if she was looking for a different, more in depth answer.

"Alright then," Teagan huffed, glaring at her two friends, "it's because he's different from anyone I've ever met and he's funny, he's cute and he just makes me feel like I'm worth it. You know?"

Michelle suddenly appeared out of nowhere and sat across from Teagan.
"That's boke" she pretended to gag.

Teagan rolled her eyes, but turned to speak to Clare again.
"Why'd you wanna know anyway?"

Clare angled her head away from the group and scratched her neck, discreetly tucking a piece of paper further into her school bag. None of them seemed to notice. 
"No reason. No reason at all. Just curious." She rushed out in a high pitched voice.