0.17| "𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐧𝗼𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐢𝗺 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐀𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲?"

꧁ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ꧂

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 stressful 'near death' experience, Teagan wanted to just relax for the rest of the journey to the caravan site and try to get a few hours of sleep on the way

But of course, as usual,  the universe - more so the people around her - just wouldn't allow her to get her own way.
first it was Gerry's radio that was way too loud and keeping her awake, Then Clair decided to mutter every single word she read. Moby Dick was a massive fecking book and Teagan no longer had to read it herself, clare had practically been doing it for her ever since they left the city.

that was half a fecking hour ago!
ever since then Teagan had been lounging horizontally on Jame's knees whilst he was too preoccupied messing around and looking at a random container he found in the back with them. Teagan glanced at him and shook her head, he was a such a weird fella.
instead of taking Jame's attention away from his 'fascinating' box, Teagan begrudgingly took out the sharpie she always carried around with her from  her left pocket of her dungaree dress.
without even asking, she took ahold of Jame's left arm and draped it over her knees so that she could draw on it easier.

he opened his mouth to ask her what she was doing but his lips fell into a dazed smile when he saw her take the lid off and delicately started to trace a random pattern of lines on his wrist and upto where his shirt sleeve was scrunched up.
James followed every move her pen made on his skin and tried to see what she was drawing, but it just looked like a tidy bunch of scribbles to him. He knew that Teagan would turn her scribbles into a masterpiece like she usually did.

Teagan focused all her attention on the mini masterpiece she was curating on James, it was slowly forming into a coherent sketch of a mess of lines that formed a hand that was clutching a wreath of dead flowers.

the two sat there for a while, neither of them saying anything, they just enjoyed the close proximity and the peacefulness  of the situation, James would occasionally squirm when she drew on a particularly ticklish spot on his arm.

With a satisfied grin, Teagan popped the lid back on her sharpie and placed it back in her pocket.
She gently held James's arm up and closely inspected her piece of art.
It wasn't anything extraordinary but James seemed to be impressed by it because he hadn't taken his eyes off it.
He was actually looking at her, James thought Teagan was the real piece of art worth admiring. If Teagan ever heard him say that she would definitely laugh and call him cheesy, so he decided to keep it to himself and just nod when she asked him if he liked the drawing.

by now Clair's reading out loud had become somewhat of background noise for Teagan and she didn't even care about the high volume of the car radio anymore, Madonna's 'Holiday' was fittingly playing through the speakers but even that wasn't' enough to block out Gerry and Mary's argument about him deserving to be thanked for saving them all back there.
-
Teagan agreed with him, Gerrys quick thinking to pretened to be a Japanese tourist made the order soon let them go, not because they belived his cover story but beacause that just wanted to get on with their march, they must've really buzzed off of marching around to have been dong it alll morning and fecking afternoon.