0.3| "𝐖𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐎𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐬"

꧁ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ꧂

"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫?" Teagan echoed her mother's previous statement

"Aye love, as it goes we are poor" her mother nodded "now shift it, the chippy is  overrun on a Friday night"
Teagan's father was stood behind their bar and was writing out their order . Aylish, Teagans five year old sister was demanding more food each second.

"So there's no trust fund?" She asked but she already knew the answer. Her parents nodded as they went about serving customers at the bar.
"How can we be poor?" Teagan whined, "We own the most popular pub in Derry!"
She huffed and crossed her arms As she ungraciously sank down onto a barstool.

"It's a messed up world isn't it, my love?" Her mother asked and her father agreed.

"We also have to fund and buy stock for the most popular pub in Derry" he explained
"If we had a trust fund for you, we would've spent the lot of it on bills"

"how do people get money then?" She was desperate at this point. Anything to get to Paris she told herself.

"People have Jobs" her father told her
Teagan squinted her eyes in confusion "But I already have a job working here"

Her mother shook her head as she served a few customers and poured out their pints "no you don't, we just make you help out and don't pay you"
She took the change off of a man and slipped it into the till.

"Surely, thats child labour if you don't pay me!"
Her father handed her their chippy order and moved her forward
"it's exactly that, now hurry up and get to the chippy"

Teagan tuned back around " Can I not get a job here?" She asked "since I already work here  and only live upstairs?" She sarcastically pointed out.

"You're to young to work here Teagan, if we put you in the payroll it'd be illegal" her mother tiredly explained

"Oh but it's okay not to pay me for my work!" She exaggerated her words.

"Aye, You're finally catching up" her mother congratulated her and patted her head "now get a move on before there's a riot in the chippy!"

"This is a violation of my human rights" Teagan muttered under her breath as walked out of the pub door.

"Teagan, what did your parents say about your trust fund?" Erin asked her as soon as she stepped foot in the chippy.
Teagan shook her head "we're skint apparently"

Erin and Clare groaned "same here" Clare said.

"Oi! What will it be?" Fionnula yelled at Teagan.
Teagan jumped out of her skin and pushed the list onto the counter with a tight smile
"Just that, Fionnula" she replied confidently

Clare gaped at Teagans confidence, Teagan was only scared of three things and Fionnula definitely wasn't one of them.
"How did you not piss yourself? She scares the hell out me" Clare whispered harshly