0.9 | "𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬"

꧁ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ꧂

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, Teagan O'Ryan was a girl who was all too familiar with Sadness and being let down

Throughout her childhood she was plagued with feelings of loneliness, even when she was centre of attention or in her group of friends, she just couldn't shake off the nagging feeling of misplacement.

On the days when everything was just too much, Teagan would stomp up to her room and blast one of her Rock tapes through her Walkman headphones, turning it up so loud that it drowned out her own thoughts. She'd become all too familiar with the songs of, The cure and The Rolling Stones.

But Teagan had days that were worse than all of the others combined, even her favourite songs couldn't bring her out of it.
When it got that bad she had no where else to go but walk through Derry and make the trek to the place where she could just be alone and drown out the whole world, The park.

Derry's park was hardly ever used anymore and no kids wanted to use the decaying swings or slides.
When Teagan and Michelle were kids their mums brought them to the park every Saturday afternoon, Erin's mum soon joined and closely after Orla tagged along.
Clare would never set foot in the rundown park, her mum was too worried about the state of the park.

But soon the girls all started to grow up and they abandoned their childhood hangout. All except Teagan.
She had always had a problem with letting go of the past and clung onto anything for as long as she could.

She'd always sit down on the rusty swing set and just sit in silence, alone.
But she'd started to feel like she wasn't alone anymore, James had shown her a new side to herself, the kind and caring side that she didn't want anyone to see.

She felt a unsettling amount of vulnerability around him, James had no idea just the effect he had on her.
The first day she met him she'd felt her heart start to slowly melt, her cold exterior was coming down and she felt like she could finally throw away her 'tough persona' and finally be herself, someone who just wanted to be open with her friends and family and especially around James.

That's why she was currently holding onto James hand and pushing the stiff park gate open with her other hand, showing James her special place was nerve racking.
They'd only known each other for six months at this point and she'd never even told her best friend, Michelle about.

"Teagan?" He asked slowly and quietly
"Why are we in a park?"

She shook her head and decided to save her voice for when she would confess her feelings to him. They'd been bubbling up in her stomach for two months now and she just had to tell him before she started ripping her hair out, the hair dye had already started ruining her hair so she really didn't want to contribute to it.

Teagan led him over to the rusting swings, she let go of his hand to sit down,but James hesitated and looked up at the decaying swing frame.
"They're perfectly safe, James" she gently reassured him.