Apology

Song For The Chapter: Kali Uchis- Quiero Sentirme Bien

I don't want to leave.

I don't want to sleep.

I don't want to live outside of this house.

I still don't know entirely understand what happened. Jace said nothing was there and that I didn't see anything.

I know for fact I saw what I saw, I saw it! I threw my fucking helmet at it!

It fucking hit the stupid spider!

I mean to think it really happened sounds so crazy!

But it did! Didn't it?

Why didn't Jace see it though?

The car that passed by me, didn't they see it? But why wouldn't they have stopped?

I feel so stupid!

The tree branch happened though.

I know it was there, I fucking have the torn clothes to prove it. My injuries.... Oh, this is what confuses me! My injuries were there. Like I fucking felt them, I cleaned them, even Jace acknowledged them... But they're gone now....

No bruises, aches, or scabs, nothing. It was only yesterday, it shouldn't have been able to heal that fast. Oh my head hurts. It doesn't make sense.

I rubbed my hand over my face, I didn't sleep more than an hour last night. It was just constant anxiety and repeatedly thinking about what happened. Replaying the scenes, trying to figure out Jace.

The branch, the spider, the wolf .... Maybe correlating one event to the other was a bit of a stretch. The snow could've weighed down the old branch. It's not that weird. But I mean the timing was a bit unsettling. I could've fucking died.

I looked down at my stomach and my thigh, unmarked, clean.

"Ugh!" I dropped into bed.

"Jesus Christ." There's a storm coming. A big storm coming.

There's been an issued warning so now I'm running around the house wondering if I should get batteries and flashlights or stay inside.

Luna and Velvet we're unbothered, completely unaware of what I was panicking about. If the lights go out which it seems they will considering they have already begun to flicker, then I'll have to stay trapped in dark for who knows how long! But if I leave then I'll have to face any possible threats or monsters or Jace!