Friends.

Song For The Chapter: Melanie Martinez- Recess 

"You're apologizing?" I raised an eyebrow, watching him take a deep breath and stand straight. He rested both of his hands on either side of the counter.

"I'm going to be very serious, the most genuine you've ever seen me."

"Why? What are you doing? Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"I'm going to be sincere when I say that I am grateful for you saving me." Oh. "In the middle of that brutal storm, you did everything you could to save me. Even after everything I've done to you, you still saved me."

"I wasn't going to let you die. I wouldn't have let anyone die." I frowned, shaking my head. "Doesn't matter what you did, if someone needs help. I'll help as much as I can. I am a bit of a coward sometimes but I'll do my best." I whispered.

I would've helped Jace even if he had been getting beat up or if he was in a car accident. My conscious is too loud and too brutal to let me walk away and my heart is too big to be okay with walking away. I want to help. I had to help.

"I know I really hurt you. I used your biggest fears and traumas against you. I was an absolute pain to you yet you still helped me. You are strong. You are so much stronger than everyone thinks." He growled, it was mostly a statement to himself. 

I tilted my head up at him, confused. He matured a lot in those 5 seconds.... Is this what he really like?

"Jace.... what are you talking about? Did you think I would let you die? Was this a test? Who are you talking about?" I frowned, putting my hand on his wrist, ready to push him away. I never know if I can fully trust him or not. I'm not entirely sure what's he's even talking about. 

"When you went to help me, you were aware of everything thing I've done to you and yet you still helped, yes?"

"Jace, I wasn't even thinking about that, I just wanted to get you in. Why are you asking me this?"

"No reason, Babygirl. Nevermind that."

"No. Tell me. You said we would talk. I want to know everything. Everything you hide from me."

"That's a bit invasive to ask of someone, don't you think?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You are not someone who gets to create boundaries when all you've done is cross mine."