Sanctuary

Song for the chapter: Irene & Seulgi- Monster

I stayed vigilant the next day, riding out for groceries early in the day then speeding home so fast that leaves flew as I passed

I stayed vigilant the next day, riding out for groceries early in the day then speeding home so fast that leaves flew as I passed. I kept lookout on the cameras to see if anyone was fucking around in the trees or the roses. Nothing, although I'm not sure if there's nothing or if it's just my eyes, it's so hard to distinguish things on the grey scale of the camera. 

The next day came, I went to work quickly and came back unbothered. After talking to so many customers I lost track of what was happening in my life outside of work. I saw no one, nothing suspicious, no creepy sounds or anything.

Three days, filled with worry, later and I figured Jace was just messing with me. Just another guy pranking innocent girls who he can take advantage of. Not at all paying heed to the severity of my nightmares.

So I didn't worry when I went out to get food after sunset. I wanted a big hefty meal and decided to get burgers and fries! With chocolate cake!

I held onto my bike handles tightly. I shouldn't have to be scared of this dark, there's lights outside. I've been outside in the dark plenty of times and nothings ever happened. Right? Its the absolute darkness I should avoid, like going into the woods, going into dark streets. I gulped, speeding into the main street. More lights out here, streets lights, Halloween decorations. This is perfectly safe. No nightmares of mine look this pretty. 

I let out a light chuckle. This is good. Its pretty even...

Nighttime in Fall is so pretty. It's everything you see in movies, red, yellow, and orange hiding the pavement and sidewalks, the streets lights low and warm. The cool breeze that pushes your hair back out of your face so you feel like the main character, the smell of pumpkins because of everyone's decorations.

I should go to the pumpkin patch, I deserve a bit of happiness after everything...

I got my food, placed it carefully in my basket and put a small picnic blanket over it to keep it warm then raced home!

I made it into the neighborhood, happily ignorant of what was happening around me until my bike was abruptly pulled back, screeching the tires.

I gasped, putting my feet down and snapping my head back.

"Well, well, well." I groaned, slapping Jace's hand off the seat of my bike.

"Let me go!"

"Its night, and here you are...all.... Alone." Jace still had that stupid shadow over his face, blocking all his expressions. "I thought you had a bedtime, Kitten."

"And what about it? Are you gonna kidnap me in the middle of the street?" I got off, ready to run.

"Oh Kitten, Kitten, of course not." Absolute satire. "Why would I kidnap you when the best part is seeing you run away? Hmm?" His hand moved further up my bike, stepping closer to me. I stepped back, keeping my distance. He put the kickstand down, taking another step. "The best part is you thinking about me everyday." A fast lunge forward and he grabbed my waist, pulling me close even against my struggles. He moved behind my back, a hand around my stomach, leaning down to whisper in my ear. "That's all you've been thinking about, isn't it?" I tried to pull away but he was quick, keeping me close. A grunt was all I could manage. "Thinking I'll be outside your door, wondering if you'll see me in the streets, hoping you wouldn't see me, panicking about what would happen when I finally snatch you up. It seems like I've been on your mind a lot these past few days, should I take that as an invitation?"