Friends?

Song For The Chapter: Kali Uchis- La Luz

Did I dream of Jace or was he actually here? I swallowed the Advil, chugging the glass of water down. I mean I know he was at the dance....

He...threw up on me...No that was definitely me. I think I threw up on him or something like that... Uh. I think he gave me a box of nerds and chocolate and pizza? 

How'd I get home? 

I sighed, cleaning up.

As shitty as I feel right now, I guess I need to start drinking more. I slept for 15 hours. No nightmares, nothing. I don't think I even moved. I was knocked out.

Now that I feel good I should hurry and get groceries. There was supposed to be a storm coming soon... 

Or rather it already came. 

I stepped out into 2 feet of snow. It was gorgeous but I couldn't help but think it would look prettier with my roses.

The snow still poured. I guess its only going to get deeper. I know the convenience store is always open, I'll go there and get food just to get me by today. It looks like the snow is getting worse, I really hope the power doesn't cut out, at least not yet. Let me get home first!

Something in the snow, in the middle of the driveway, caught my attention. It was like a black spot? It was like an indention in the snow....

I slowed down, cautious since I don't know what it could be. What if it's that fucking spider again?!

Damn it, Why does something always happen when I'm trying to get groceries!

I walked far away from it, trying to peak quietly and inconspicuously.

Its not moving....

It's... Long...

I squinted, trying to see through the snow that was picking up. I took one step closer...

"Jace!"

Oh my god!

What do I do?!

What do I do?!

I ran to his body that was laying flat on the ground.

What the hell happened?!

I looked around wondering if he was bleeding! His footprints coming from the woods are almost completely gone. How long has he been laying here like this?!

"Jace! Jace!" I shook him, trying to get a response, but he wasn't moving! I pushed off the snow that began to build on him.

Oh that's just like him!

This stupid bitch!

Of course he would decide to just die in front of my house, on my property! Oh he's a pain until the end!

"Jace!" I shook him once again.

I took my gloves off, quickly leaning over to feel for a pulse.

I slipped my hands into the darkness that looks over from his hoodie and hat. His skin is ice cold! Jace being cold is beyond alarming! His normal body temperature is always inhumanely hot, this is dangerous!

Oh please don't be dead, don't be dead!

"Jace!"

I gulped, ignoring his skin, and trying to find his pulse with my two fingers. I slid my fingers into the groove of his neck, and looked at his chest to see if it rose....