Lust And Alcohol

Song For The Chapter: Naked Truth-Jhene Aiko ft. Sean Paul

"I'm sure they'll show up soon."

I took photos of the moon from the window while we waited for Jace and Ariah. They both said they'd be here and yet neither one is. Jace left me hours ago and hadn't returned since. Ariah briefly took part of the games we played in the entertainment room but left soon after. I was a little annoyed but in the end I got to spend most of the day with Lexi. 

"We should order without them." I smiled, bouncing in my seat while looking over the menu.

"Isn't that a bit rude?"

"They'll be fine."

We ordered and when our food finally came, that's when they showed up.

"Jesus, Ace." Ash grimaced when Jace sat next to him at the dinner table which coincidentally is in front of me. I also cringed back when the smell of smoke hovered over the table. "Did you catch fire or something? What the hell happened?"

"What?" His voice sounds slightly deeper. He shrugged his shoulders, then slouched into his chair, meeting my foot. I wouldn't have moved except he was so hot, his leg, clothes, were so hot that I jumped in surprise. 

"We were caught up in someone else's bonfire. Jace must've been right in the winds path." Ariah dusted Jace's shirt. It was so bad a couple of us started coughing. "There, that should be good."

"You must be hungry-"

"Absolutely starving." Jace groaned, pulling his chair closer to the table and meeting my foot. I gulped, acting like nothing was happening. His leg was burning hot. I furrowed my brows, confused and concerned. The smoke and burning smell was gone but he might as well been on fire.

He kept contact with me the entire dinner. Anytime I would cross or uncross my legs, he would shift his legs as well.

There was a moment when I saw that Ash was fanning himself and then I realized my palms were sweating. We were hot, Ash and I, physically closest to Jace. I took a sip of my drink and put my hair in a high ponytail. My neck was damp with sweat.  Oh wow.....

Jace is somehow affecting both of us. How is that even possible? No. No. No. He is fucking weird! There's something completely unnatural about him. Nothing makes sense. I need to confront him. I need to ask him about all the weird things he does. How he always knows where I am, how he knows everything, his unnatural strength, the list goes on....

Hopefully I actually remember to ask him, I always seem to be distracted or forget when he's in front of me...

Taking a quick peek at him, I froze. He's watching me. I can't even see his eyes but I know. I know he is staring me dead in the eyes.