Secret Pt. 2

Song For The Chapter: Lonely- Imagine Dragons

(This chapter is in a different perspective that will spoil the book. If you have not read TPOAR then you should skip this chapter.)

Why is no one letting me get close to her? She's freezing. I can remedy that. I could also fix the entire power loss situation but its bit more complicated than that. While fighting that Skinwalker, I managed to destroy a transmission tower. Fixing it would mean leaving Serenity's side and I can't do that right now.

It's no longer an issue we can just set aside anymore. Demons are coming nonstop and I will no longer be leaving Serenity's side unless I have to. Ariah can handle the demon and I will protect Serenity.

I didn't want her getting drunk tonight. I'm not sure how she is drunk but I still want to talk with her. I want to give her more of that adoration she deserves. I followed behind Serenity closely, making sure neither Lovely or Serenity tripped over the low visibility.

I had no reservations when scooping Serenity up into my arms. She's fighting less and less each time. She eagerly leaned into me. I love this. This is what I want. What we both desire. Intimacy with the person we love.

Everyday I look to make more conversation with each other. The longer I can speak with her, the more I feel like our old selves. When she didn't see me as a heartless, horny, pervert. It's fun being her friend, it's peaceful.

I was gazing down at her, holding her tight when I noticed her eyes zone out. She's thinking. I smiled, rubbing my thumb back and forth on her thigh.

I thought everything was fine until I noticed her heart rate pick up. My eyes snapped around us, trying to see what was making her panic. I saw nothing yet she began to shake, tears forming and spilling over her cheeks.

"Serenity?" I shook her. Cradling her to sit her up. "What's wrong?" No response. She can't hear me. She's transfixed on the fire.... Could she possibly be going through a nightmare? No. Her eyes are opened and she didn't fall asleep.

Whatever it is, She's having an episode. Something, I'm guessing the fire, triggered a memory.

I took a deep breath, running out into the closed patio, sitting in a corner were no one would see. The wind blew her hair viciously yet she was still in trance.

I put my hands on her eyes, trying to see what she was seeing.

Oh...

These episodes of hers, her nightmares are more vivid and accurate than I realized. Hell was such a brutal, violent moment in Serenity's, I wish she didn't have to relive it. 

I didn't even let myself see more before quickly trying to snap Serenity out of it. I was reminded of the time when Serenity first lost herself to the forest.  The first time she tried to cleanse.

Just like before it was too hot. She was overwhelmed by the panic every creature suffered because of the fire. Now she is suffering from her own memories. I tried getting her to listen to my voice, focus on my voice but she was too scared. Good thing is that she is responding to me, speaking with me, she is not completely lost.