Third Encounter

Song For The Chapter: Chloe & Halle- Lonely

3 years ago

The library is such a nice getaway. The one in my town is designed in such a secluded way that allows for me to get lost in the imaginary world a book creates without any outside world disturbances.

The day had been rainy, the weather reports consisted nothing but daily thunderstorms and harsh freezing winds for the next two days.

Quite honestly, I like the rain. I know a lot of people dislike it which makes sense, you get wet and cold, it creates accidents, you get sick. I get it but I always found comfort in it. Especially if there's thunder, I love it! It means cozy, chilly nights with blankets, candles and snuggling with the kitties!

Rainy days are also the best for reading which is why I left my cozy house in the first place. The ride down to library on my white bike was a adventure to say the least. Weaving through traffic, getting honked at by rushing people when they're suck in traffic anyway! The wind was a brutal kick in the ass. My face feels like it was shoved into a pile of snow. Not to mention, I was getting pummeled by freezing water each second.

But... With music blasting in my headphones, the ride was pretty tolerable. Music's my souls aid. Chuckling to myself, I locked my bike and ran in to the library.

There was a specific spot I liked to lose myself in.

The library's architect was quite impressive and honestly, really out of place for a small town.

As soon as you walk in, your eyes immediately meet the giant staircase directly in the middle of the bottom floor. On either side of the stairs were black tables lined vertically, a warm small light on each one. Books lined the entire wall on the first floor.

And it was pretty and all but the third floor was my absolute favorite.

I ran up the white marble stairs to the second floor. This floor had rows and rows of floor to ceiling shelves, with the same design of lined up books on the walls.

I ran to the other side of the white stairs, reaching the third floor.

The lights here were limited compared to the other floors. This floor rarely had many readers. Something about the light being too low and making it hard to read.

Understandable considering the light here is so low and warm, it feels like you're reading with a lantern or something.

Though in the daytime, it's different. This is the most packed level in the daytime.

I sat at the table under one of the track lighting fixtures, taking off my wet sweater and letting it hang over the back of my chair.

Ladies code Galaxy began to play my ears, soothing my body.

I looked up to the ceiling, looking at the skyline. That is why this level is quite popular in the day, who wouldn't want to read a book while being able to see the clouds pass above you. When you make your way to the third floor, it looks like you're walking up to heaven with the way the sun shines in.

Now, the moon has replaced the sun. Thankfully the raining has stopped for the night, letting the moon grace the town with it's beauty every few seconds when the clouds would break formation just enough to let us see the beautiful light. I stood under the light, smiling up at the night sky.

Oh, how I wish I could live in the stars.

Sometimes when I let myself stargaze, I would often get a surge of energy in me. It would take my mind on an adventure, losing myself to my imagination. I'd sit on my porch, or this table, or whatever I was sitting on for hours, not wanting to move. I would envision myself, sitting directly under the moon, letting it shine on me while I was surrounded by clouds. Other times I would think of being in an island-