Desire

Song For The Chapter: Leah Kate -Fuck Up The Friendship

The morning Jace had to leave immediately. I was surprised how fast he rushed out. He didn't explain at all. But it actually ended up for the better because now I get to go to the Harbor!

"Whoa, Serenity!" All the sirens came rushing over to me as soon as I got off of Leon. Today we were meeting at the werewolf side of the harbor. Apparently Saphire and her sisters wanted to check up on Sora and her new relationship. Serene and Isabella went with me, riding with Leon all the way to their territory.

"It's so pretty!"

"Shiny!"

"Sparkly!"

"I've never seen anything like that!"

"Where'd you get it?"

They skipped the greetings going straight to admiring my necklace, the one Jace gave me.

"Isn't it pretty?" I giggled, raising my chin so they could see better.

"Nice hickies." I tucked my chin back down

"I want one!" Isabella jumped up and down.

"It's so unique!"

"Where did you get it?"

"Jace got it for me. Hehe. Said he won it for me. At the fair."

"A fair? A mundane fair?" Aphrodite raised an eyebrow. "I don't think so." I shrugged. A couple of kids ran passed causing Isabella to run away after them.

"Apparently, she is not allowed to take it off." Serene added.

"Sounds like a mate to me." Leon spoke, coming out from behind a tree. "Where werewolves have imprinting, this male of yours has that."

I smiled, swaying side to side.

"You think?"

"I know. He seems to be quite possessive of you." He went to stand behind Kisa along with two other men.

"I have something I want to tell you guys." I pulled everyone into a huddle, sitting down in a circle. Luna Kisa sat criss cross, eating a plate of fruit while two pack members kept their distance monitoring her. Her baby bump is nicely decorated with markings and jewelry. 

"Lana! Come!" Serene waved Lana over. Lana lit up, not realizing everyone was here.

"Jace said he was a shadow!" Everyone laughed.

"He is not a fucking Shadow." Lana rolled her eyes. Saphire laughed, throwing her head back.

"Oh baby..." Luna Kisa shook her head, eating an orange.

"That's what he told me!" I sighed. I'm guessing it's all bullshit considering their reaction. I slumped. "That stupid bitch."

"Serenity, Shadows don't exist." Serene chuckled, rubbing my hand.

"Shadows are scary stories we tell our kids. They don't exist." Celeste pushed Lala away who was laughing dramatically.

A scary story you tell to supernatural kids? That has to be creepy. Wow. That bitch really played me.

"Even Isabella knows they're fake."

"So what is it, like the shadows come alive and eat you?" I huffed, pulling my phone out to send Jace a vulgar text.

"Something like that. Shadows are supposed to be like ancient creatures that can manipulate the dark. There are stories of them dragging you out of existence only to have every atom of you completely explode." I grimaced.