Campfire

Song For The Chapter: Ladies Code- Lorelei

I slept decently good. I slept without dreams. Miraculously. I don't know why either. Even when I've slept with Lexi, I still have nightmares. It's one of the reasons she has a pillow acting as a barricade between us because I would wake up in a panic and somehow hurt her in the process. It's happen more than a few times so to prevent it, she puts a pillow between our heads.

I quickly got dressed, draped over Lexi's shoulder while we went down for breakfast. We met with Valentina who seemed to be the only one awake. Apparently everyone else had a bit to drink after we left. I was supposed to get drunk....

We decided to go sledding today. Valentina said she'd meet up with us later so Lexi and I went together.

The large sledding hill wasn't that busy so we eagerly ran up, without any problems.

"I'm prepped and ready." I stood on the top of the hill that was actually quite steep and high.

"Alright go in front." Lexi said while sitting in the back of the tube. "Its perfect!" Lexi shouted.

"Let's go!"

Lexi pushed off.

"Ahhhhhh! Hehehe!"

We slid down the hill way faster than I expected to the point my stomach did that thing that it does on roller coasters. We slid past the outlined slides and zoomed into the open snow field.

"Steer steer steer!"

There were a few others sledding so we had to avoid running them over.

I tried to do my best, shifting side to side to maneuver around but we hit an unexpected bump in the way, bouncing us off the tube.

Lexi and I fell on top of each other, erupting in a burst of laughter and giggles.

"Let's go again!"

Unfortunately, we had to climb that steep hill which was a feat harder than we thought.

"Lexi! Lexi!" Valentina jumped from the top of the hill, waving her arms.

From behind her, Ezra, Danny, Lovely, Ariah and Jace stood.

Ezra and Danny wasted no time, pushing off before Danny was ready.

"Whooo!" He cheered, hands in the air.

"Valentina, my glasses. You should probably sit in front." Lovely gulped, putting the tube too far back. It was still snowing which seemed to be making it hard for Lovely.

"Come on, Lovely." Valentina pushed the sled causing Lovely to scream and then jumped into the front.

Lovely screamed the entire time, passing by us followed by a fading cry.

"Oh, she's probably not gonna go again."

We made it to the top but I kept my eye on the two brothers standing side by side, talking to each other.