Jace

Song For The Chapter: WJSN( Cosmic Girls)- Secret

I couldn't help but grin from all the leaves surrounding the shop. The entire strip of cute little stores was decorated by the leaves. My excitement was getting the best of me, I had been bouncing up and down through the store all day. I get beyond excited for October. Mrs. Crest even put Halloween and fall music. The first week of October has passed by perfectly, fall seducing me into its mystery, tempting me with its chilling beauty.

"Oh, its raining." Allura, Mrs. Crests daughter, mumbled, giving her mom a look.

"You know what that means," Mrs. Crest looked over to me. Already knowing what she's going to say, I nod and finish up a few vases I was making as decorations. "Serenity go ahead, go home before it gets worse." She often lets me go home early if there is any harsh weather because she knows I ride my bike home. Also, she hates driving in any bad weather so we both end up leaving early, its a win-win.

I quickly scooped everything up. The weather has been a bit chaotic, either still summer hot or winter cold or just normal cool autumn breeze. Today, it seems its autumn cool but with cold rain and grey skies. I didn't dress accordingly, actually I dressed in possibly the worst outfit. Black mini skirt, showcasing the cute black sheer thigh highs and black boots with a black cropped top.

I'm wet and freezing. 

I rounded the corner into the pathway to my house. The lights were on guiding the way. I got off, pushing my bike through the mud. I like the rain but this is just another struggle I deal with because of my houses location. I slowly walked down, pushing my bike. My roses are holding up nicely, as they always do.

I'm always scared that one day, I'll walk out to see the roses dying or brittle. I didn't necessarily wish for them to continuously bloom and sprout but now I feel like if they were to stop, it would mean I did something wrong...

"Don't worry..." I stopped dead in my tracks, freezing mid-step, holding my breath to stop and listen to where that soft voice came from. I grimaced, shaking my wet hair out of my face, the rain is making it hard to see and to listen. I narrowed my eyes, looking around. Rustling came from the left side of the trees. Chills ran through my body.

What the fuck is someone doing in these woods by my house?! While its raining?!

I stiffly turned my head, seeing the rose bushes move side to side.

"H-H-Hello?" I stepped back, holding the bike in front of me incase the stranger was planning to attack me. Are kids trying to scare me now that its spooky season? I tend to be an easy target.... Every year. Even if I know they're planning something. 

"Don't move, you'll make it worse." A mans voice whispered, completely ignoring me. I tilted my head wondering what he was talking about until I heard the small whimper of an animal.

"Oh my gosh- no!" I quickly dropped my bike, running to where the bushes were moving. "Did something get hurt?" I asked but was ignored once again. Stepping closer, I was finally able to see the mans figure, He was dressed in a black hoodie with the hood conveniently up, completely camouflaging his presence. To make it worse, he wore green cargo pants, hiding into the green vines.

At his hands was a small baby puppy. It was completely coiled in the vines, with small lines of red, showing where the thorns hurt it. The stranger was trying to gently pull the vines away in attempt to free the puppy.

I gently parted the roses, with all the times I've cut these roses and the amount of time I've hurt myself at work with thorns, this was no big deal. The strangers hands were tatted, both hands decorated with black ink, cursive words that I couldn't quite understand. He had black rings on both index fingers and both thumbs with just one gold ring on his right middle finger.