First Encounter

Song For The Chapter: Victoria Monet- Moments

Mom forced me to stay for dinner, both of them expressing concern for my weight. I'm not sure, myself, as to why I lost so much weight. I love eating. I love junk food, fast food, sweets, if anything I should be heavier than I am.

But that's not exactly a healthy nutrition either, I should take care of myself. I need a healthy balance between the two and a way to exercise. I think my bike takes care of the exercise though. The 20 minute bike ride here was enough to make my thighs burn.

By the time I was riding back it was already night, the sky was filled with grey clouds, it seems it might snow any second.

What a crazy day!

I have a little brother at 19 years old.

Ugh, I'm going to be so old by the time he's a teenager. Why couldn't he have grown up with me? It would have made everything more fun. We would have been best of friends, all three of us, Lucas, Lexi, and me!

Which reminds me, I also need to call her because I don't think I've spoken to her in months. Because she left for college on the other side of the state, I can't see her like I used to. She used to live just down the street from me and I grew up with her, she was my best friend, basically my sister. Now she must be so busy to even visit or text me...

I sighed, looking up at the gifts the clouds began to shower me with.

"Its snowing..." I mumbled cheerfully to myself.

The warm street lamps lit my way across the neighborhood. It seems no one is outside, not even cars seemed to risk the cold freezing night. Looking back at the clear road, I turned my bike to ride down the middle of the street.

What a beautiful night!

Heavy and thicker flakes of snow seemed to fall faster and faster, oh it's going to snow all night. A sense of relief fell over me, once again bringing me to such a sweet bliss. Maybe its just me being in such a abnormally content mood since I woke but nature is so... beautiful...

My phone vibrated, breaking the daze I was in.

I took a chance and continued to peddle with one hand on the handles and while slipping my hand into my jacket pocket.

Oh! Speaking of...

I answered the call, smiling widely.

"Lexi!" I yelled.

"Serenity!" She yelled back in the same tone. "I missed you so much! I took a shot in the dark and just called you since you always seem to be busy!"

Me?!

"What?! You could text me you know!"

"I did." She huffed. "Did you break your phone or something?"

"Well, its cracked....so maybe... sorry." I frowned, taking the turn into my driveway. The creepy road was lit up by warm artificial lanterns that were set on an automated timer. I smiled, peddling slowly to take the sight in. "I didn't even realize."