6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈

A/N: Don't forget to VOTE, thank you! This is a filler chapter, btw, so it'll be boring lol. 

Sophia's POV

I had to walk home from school, again. My mom texted me, saying she couldn't pick me up and that we had to talk after her work. I wasn't freaking out, but it sounded a bit major.

'It's nothing too serious,' she had sent. She knows me so well, I thought, shaking my head and relaxing my tense posture. 

I unlocked the front door and went inside. It was pretty hot here, so I put my hair up in a messy ponytail and went to the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of fresh water.

I took a sip and sighed, leaning against the counter. School started again, I thought. My brain hadn't quite processed that part yet. It felt like vacation just started. I didn't want to start doing homework again and study for tests, I wanted to lie down and watch Gossip Girl with Liv.

Liv, oh my God! I still have to tell her everything that happened with Grayson! I knew she'd want to know about him. I smiled at the thought.

I didn't know if I could consider Grayson a 'friend', but we were school buddies, right? Maybe not even that, but either way, I was going to tell her everything. 

I took out my phone and went to messages. I didn't have Snapchat or Instagram; my parents didn't allow it. At first, I begged them to give me permission, but they convinced me that it was too dangerous. There are a lot of pedophiles and cyber-bullies on the internet.  

Before I could press the call button, my phone started ringing by itself. I picked up and pulled the phone away from my ear after hearing Liv's squeals.

I giggled when her voice finally met my ears. "Oh my God, Sophia!" she drawled out. "How are you? I miss you so, so much and it hasn't even been longer than a week since I've seen you!" 

"Hey! I'm fine, what about you? And I knooow, it feels, like, way too long already. I miss you, too!" I laughed into the phone.

"I'm great now that you called!" she said, and I smiled. I didn't know you could miss someone's voice so much until now. "But before you tell me all about Grayson," she made sure to emphasize his name and I was certain that she was wiggling her eyebrows, "we need to make plans together."

I nodded, even though she couldn't see me, and then answered, "Yes, totally! Maybe this weekend. If you're free, of course. I don't want to mess up your plans."

I wasn't seeing her right now, but I knew that she was rolling her eyes at my concern. I was always scared of being a burden. "I see you haven't changed at all," she said, chuckling shortly. 

"It hasn't been that long, only a week or so," I stated. 

"You know what I mean."

I ran upstairs and started pacing my bedroom as I chatted with Liv. It felt so good to finally catch up with her again. She told me all about Ben - short for Benjamin, the guy she has a huge crush on - and that they are kinda a couple. It's not official, but they both liked each other. 

"I know! We're, like, basically together. Amazing, isn't it?" she said as if it were unbelievable, I could hear the smile in her voice. A gigantic grin made its way on my face, from my mouth to my ears, and I couldn't control it. 

"Liv, I really am happy for you." 

"Thanks, Soph. That does mean a lot to me. But let's not talk about that anymore, I want to hear everything about Grayson," she said, probably grinning like a maniac.